Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Great marriages exist

With my husband having metastatic cancer, with bone/spine as the area that it has spread you can imagine that he has quite a bit a pain.  So, he takes quite a few medications, so......I tend to spend quite a bit of time at the pharmacy.  The pharmacy staff is wonderful most of them know me by name so they just go look in the bin.  I happen to notice that the pharmacist that I tend to deal with the most was wearing a wedding ring yesterday and I asked him about.  He knows so much about our personal lives, but I didn't know much about his until then.  I made a card for him, and when I told my husband about it he laughed that we should buy them a gift from the pharmacy.  For my card I used a sentiment that comes from a wonderful set from TLC.  The flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts.





Patterned Paper:  Bearly Mine- Roses 12; TLC, Create - Fairy Tale Bunny Papers 2
Cardstock:  Bazzil
Sentiment:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Spellbinders:  Small circle; Floral Oval
Die Cut: Verve Award Banner die
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls:  Michael's
Ribbon:  TW
Corner Rounder:  Creative Memories
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug

Challenges
Verve - VLVOCT2013 Sketch
Wild Orchid Crafts - Ch. 87 Pretty Pastels
Bearly Mine - Ch. 107 Ribbon, String, Twine

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Lisa, and what a lovely thing to do for your pharmacist. It is the people who are in our lives every day that we often take for granted as just being there. Loved your story, I know you will be lifted up at the times you need it! Thanks for sharing with me, also thanks for the lovely comments on my blog! Have a blessed Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lisa Lynn. A lovely gesture and I'm sure it will be cherished. hugs, Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous, Lisa Lynn! I love the colors and all the wonderful details! I'm sure the pharmacist will appreciate the kind gesture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet, Lisa Lynn! Both you and the card. :^)
    Love the beautiful color palette, your great take on the sketch, and all the wonderful embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at WOC with your adorable card!

    Best regards, Malin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Card. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, good luck and hope you will join us again.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Bearly Mine Designs Challenge this week of “Ribbon/twill/twine”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thank you so much for joining our ribbon/string/twine challenge over at Bearly Mine Challenges. Good luck!
    Hugs, Natascha

    ReplyDelete