Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Biggest Fan

I was chosen to be this month's Biggest Fan for Bugaboo.  You can find the link to their blog below on my blog list and this month's newsletter is on the site.  They have adorable digital images and each Friday they have a free image.  Also, in each monthly newsletter there is an image as well as deals that they have on a regular basis.  They have cute critters, babies, kids as well as humorous adult downloads.  Bugaboo's website is amazing since the owner Tammy Miller is involved in sponsoring LOTS of challenges the site lists them for you.  And there is the Bugaboo Challenge which is listed ahead of time in the newsletter and is on Saturdays.  The Design Team is great about leaving comments when you submit items for a challenge and they have great samples displayed ahead of time for each of the challenges, free items as well as the new items.

I talked about my family in the newsletter and my need for stress relief.  I think that is why all of us do our card making and crafting is to have some control in our lives.  There are many things that we can not control when it comes to health, family issues, jobs, so we look for control on how much glitter and ribbon we use and where we place it.  I also work in a job where I can do things several different ways, but still have to do things within policies and protocols so making cards I get to be creative and use the "other" side of my brain.  In addition, I know I should be better about exercising; however, I don't get that endorphin (happy release) from doing it like many of the runners or people who do regular exercise.  When I make my cards I get that happy feeling, and it makes you want to do it more and more like an addiction.

My step-son got a new "used" car this past week so this is the card that I made for him using a Bugaboo image.


Patterned Paper:  Nitwit - Great White North
Cardstock:  Core-dinations, Bazzil, Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Guy Car Keys
Die Cut - Quic Kuts
Circle Punch:  EK success


Mo's Challenge is to do your favorite colors and I chose yellow, peach/apricot, blue and white.  And this is what I came up with.  I plan to use this card for my Mom's birthday which is on Friday.




Patterned Paper:  Nitwit - Bee's Knees
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Core- dinations, Recollections
Stamp:  Mo Manning - Kisses
Sentiment:  TLC Create
Brads:  Paper Studio
Ribbon:  Michaels
Flowers:  Recollections
Stickles:  Ice stickles
Sakura jelly glitter pen
Spellbinders:  Small circle, Lotus


Challenges
Saturday Sketch - Sketch 205
Mo's - favorite color combination

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations! Your card is so fun and perfect for a new card.

I love your Mo's card too. The coloring is beautiful.

Beate said...

Both cards look wonderful!
Hugs and smiles

Pat said...

Congrats on your son's new car. Old or new...it's new to him...and that's cool! Both cards are so cute! I love the color combo you selected for your Mo card...and "Kisses" is such a sweet little image! Beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's for our fun challenge!! Hugs. Pat Frank