Monday, September 19, 2016

1959 A very good year

Today is my boyfriend's birthday.  So I made this card for him using the Lili of the Valley image and a sentiment from TLC.  I tease him that he is vintage so I made a card that looks like it, hehe.  He actually likes purple so that is why I actually colored it the way I did, and that was one of the first things he commented about when he saw it.




Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  Lili of the Valley - Secretly Yours
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - 1959 A very good year
Twine:  Natural Fibers
Bling:  Paper Studio
Button:  My Favorite Things
Circle Punch:  EK Success

Challenges
CHNC Patterned - September
OSAAT - Ch. 271 A special day
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 206 Anything Goes
Come & Get It - Lots of layers
Cute Card Thursday - Ch.443 Vintage
Crafty Ribbons - Ch. 167 Birthday

10 comments:

Kathie said...

Oh Lisa, what a pretty card, I too love the colour purple. He looked very serious looking at his card and taking it all in. I love this Lily Of The Valley stamp it's so cute. Love your design papers they work brilliantly together and the button embellishment is perfect for a males card. I do hope he had an awesome birthday. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2~DT

Joanna M. said...

What a fun card Lisa! At first I thought that you had combined two images to make your gorgeous card but when I read the "deets" realized that it was one (thanks for including the name! It is now part of MY collection too). It looks like your boyfriend liked his card. Thanks for joining in the fun over on the SSW2 blog this fortnight.
~Jo, SSW2-DT

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fun card thanks for playing at crafty ribbons. I can't see any ribbon though to qualify for a prize for our Birthday with ribbon challenge

Kajcyika said...

oh this is so sweet. Love it :)
Thanks for joining us at CAGIC! xo Kaja

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card love your image and your bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Heide said...

What a great looking card, love your coloring and it is such a cute image. Thanks for joining us this week. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh what a gorgeous card for your honey! Such a cute idea taking a pic of him admiring it - I will try to snap one of Brian tomorrow (his birthday!), but I don't think he'll let me put it on my blog - he's too shy - but we'll see! Love the personalized sentiment on this!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Lisa, Cute, cute image! Love your papers and vibrant colors!
Thanks for your continued support at SSW2!
Judi

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Thank you for joining us at One Stitch At A Time with your brilliant card. Ive seen your cards on TLC and Paulette is a fabulous designer.

Jennie DT xx

anne said...

Such a sweet image and perfect papers too.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Anne SSW2-DT