Thursday, October 28, 2021

A Halloween Hello

 This year, I just hadn't had the time to sit down to find and make Halloween cards. Then I received this beautiful card from a fellow nurse, Arlene when I was feeling stressed and it just made my day. One day I hope to be a nurse just like her......RETIRED, but that seems so far off, lol. So I thought that I should make a new Halloween card to send her, but oh my where are my distress oxides and even worse my Halloween stamps? So I decided to use an image from Beccy's Place Toil and Trouble and the sentiment is from My Favorite Things BB witch way is the candy.  I found my box that had my twine so I added plenty of that on my tag.

See below for some picture of my adorable kitten.


Patterned Paper:  Echo Park; Sweet Shoppe

Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp: Beccy's Place (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  My Favorite Things (see above for direct link)
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Twine: Divine Twine; Darice

Challenges
Beccy's Challenge - October
Cupcake Inspiration - Ch. 530 Halloween Fun


Double Trouble Challenge Ch. 95 Include a witch
Sweet stampin' challenge blog - All Hallows Eve
Use Your Stuff - Ch. 434 Hallowe-en or pumpkins
Paper Shelter - Ch. 489 Halloween

here are a couple pictures of my helpful kitty when I was trying to cut out some pajama pants for my daughter.





16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Welcome back to blog land Lisa, good to see you and what a lovely card BUT helpful kitty takes the star today. xx

Chris said...

Fabulous Halloween card lisa- love that silhouette image and your gorgeous papers.
How lovely to have such a helpful little cat!!!
xx

Donna Scholz said...

Cats are always so "helpful" when we're trying to something that requires close attention to details and careful execution! But we love them anyway :-) Great card, Lisa! I can't believe you did this one as a "last minute" project. It's really a fun card and I'm sure your friend will love it! Thank you for sharing your card and kitty with us at Double Trouble!!! -Donna

sue t. said...

I got my own wee kitty that likes to "help" me also! Your card and cat are fun! Thanks for getting spooky with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Hallowen card Lisa,love the witch silhouette and spider web paper.Polly is gorgeous and just eager to help lol,hope you are feeling less stressed today
Carol x

Fiona said...

great card, fab silhouette stamp.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin.

Fi
x

Beccy said...

I'm sure your friend is going to love the card you created for her Lisa, it's fabulous! I love the collection of string and twine that you tied to the tag, great colours and texture. I also like the mix of papers, particularly the spider's web... that's awesome!
Your kitten is gorgeous, she has such pretty colouring. It looks like she knows how to get your attention too!
Cheers,
Beccy

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great selection of design papers for your pretty tag, and love the embellishments you used... very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Cupcake Inspirations. Please come back for future fun challenges at Double Trouble to see what shannigans Thing 1,2 and 3 are up to.

Nora Noll said...

I love all the fiber you used on that tag. Your layering of paper is fantastic!! Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!!

Nora Noll
Cupcake Inspiration Challenge
DT Member

Kellianne said...

What a cute card! I love the witch silhouette. And your kitty is just ADORABLE!! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

Linda Mc Enery said...

Glad you managed to dig into those boxes for a few crafty goodies for this! I love all your perfectly Halloween twine!
Gosh your fur baby is cute! I just love it when they claim our projects. They're so funny!
Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Quillish said...

This card is so fun! I love the silhouette Witch. The layout is so creative. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, hugs ~ Ishani.

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, I love your new kitty! What a beauty! We lost two kitties in the past year and only have our Honeydew remaining. He's 17 so we realize he's not going to be around forever - we just enjoy each day with him and give him lots of lovin'! Your Halloween card is gorgeous!

Julie Reed said...

Great layout and the silhouette is fab, thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter this week.
Julie DT

Fikreta said...

so beautiful card!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Stampin' for our 'All Hallow's Eve' challenge. Lovely to have you playing along. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT