Friday, August 26, 2011

Getting ready for school

My daughter has been getting ready for college and we have been shopping for her dorm room and all that.  She has said that she would like to get mail so it would be something exciting to look forward to, and she said "Mom you will send me your cards, right?!?"  So I have been thinking of what I can send to her.  I already ordered a welcome basket through the college of snacks which I think she will love since she is one to not eat big meals, but does like to snack.  I just found someone to switch days with me so I can help her move in since it is over my weekend to work at the hospital.  So it is getting closer.  Tomorrow we are going to renew her drivers licence since her birthday is in September and get her a new pair of glasses.



Patterned Paper:  Bearly Mine
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Core-dinations, Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - How you holding up
Bling:  Recollections & Paper Studio
Lace:  Wrights
Flower:  Prima

Challenges:
Sweet Wednesday Sketch
Bearly Mine - Bling



Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Paper Company
Stamp:  Verve
Ink:  Memento, Rich Cocoa
Baker's Twine:  Divine Twine
Button:  Stash
White Thread:  stash
Ribbon:  Michael's
Border Edges:  Fiskars
Spellbinders: Eyelet Circle:  Small Circle

Challenges:
Mojo 205

9 comments:

mulberry station said...

Lisa Lynn, I love both of your cards. I love the one for mojo monday. I love its simplicity and elegance. The card for SSW is perfect for your daughter. I can see why she would love to get cards from her mom. It will bring apart of you to her while she is away at school. I love the fun image, bling and sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing this adorable card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Laney said...

Fabulous fun card hun!!
thanks for joining us at bearlymine this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Jeannie said...

Hehehe....love this! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Linda Anderson said...

Love your cards!!!! Your daughter will love her card for sure!! I remember begging for mail when I was away at college (that was back in the day when there was no email and texting - GASP!!). Thanks for joining us at SSW.

Linda

Kathie said...

Hi Lisa I love both of your cards, especially the card for SSW it really puts a smile on my face. You'll miss your daughter and she'll love receiving your cards. My eldest turned 12 yesterday and he's at boarding school he comes home on Saturday after Soccer or Cricket but I thought I would be sending him off at 18 to Uni and I do miss him but I know he's getting a wonderful education. Great cards, thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

Kathie SSW-DT

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh too cute with your sentiment!! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Patti P. said...

Gorgeous cards....your daughter will love getting this as a surprise and I wish her all the best. Your sympathy card is so lovely!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

Patti SSW/DT

Arlana 11426 said...

Love both of your sweet card. the colors are just so fun. Have a sweet week Arlana@SSW!!!

Sharon Basel said...

These are wonderful cards! The sentiment on your SSW card is so fun and I love your creativity with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!