Saturday, July 18, 2020

CIJ Day 1 at CTB Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Well it's here....Day 1 of the Christmas in July at Catch the Bug and there are lots of prizes and surprises a long the way. Today we start with creating a card or project with using the picture of Santa's workshop. During the celebration we are also going to be honoring Julie Temple our DT member that recently passed away. As I put on my Facebook, with losing my husband, I know that God takes some of the wonderful people too soon, but then they are able to watch over us. I just hope that Julie is able to give me some creative vibes since she was so talented. I realize that I colored my elf to look like her. I also have candy canes which are so sweet like my friend. Also my daughter LOVES them. I would buy boxes of the mini ones and she would pack them as snacks. I think to her they are a food group, lol.

Julie Temple







Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Kidz Christmas Elf
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Have Yourself a merry little Christmas
Bling:  Me and My Big Ideas
Flowers:  Recollections
Die:  Tutti
Embellishments:  Target
Pop dots
Prisma pencils and Gamsol

Challenges
CHNC - Ch. 499 Anything Christmas with optional use die cut or punch
Creatalicious Challenge - Ch. 191 Anything Goes with optional 3 of a kind (3 columns for the layout)
Aud Sentiment - Ch. 255 Christmas in July with a sentiment
Unicorn Challenge - Ch. 56 Food and/or drink
Alphabet Challenge - H for Hungry favorite food (candy canes for my daughter)

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

RIP JULIE wonderful card Lisa. x

Margreet said...

RIP Julie with this beautifully colored elf. Stunning card!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Fabulous card Lisa with the cute little elf -and a lovely tribute to Julie's memory.
xx

Lisa Bird said...

A stunning card design. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk

crafty-stamper said...

Great card Lisa love the cute beautifully coloured image and great fold-I have just made one for later in the month -great minds eh lol.So sorry to hear about your DT member
Carol x

Angela P. said...

She is so sweet and you have colored her beautifully! Love the fun fold and angled cuts on this slimline card too...I really need to try one of these sometime...beautifully done! Stay healthy, my friend!

PS. I actually had her printed to color; unfortunately work got in the way of fun. I am ready for life to be normal again. With COVID -19 continuing to spike, I am fearful it will not be for a long time.

meg said...

a fabulous beautifully coloured image and layout,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love this wee card, shes such a cute Elf and a lovely memorial for Julie. Sad loss for everyone who knew her. Looking forward to joining in the fun this week, Love Hazelxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Lisa and RIP Julie, such a sad shame..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Furrbster said...

Very cute card!

Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Kathie said...

This is a wonderful card Lisa, it saddens me to read about Julie passing away. She will be smiling down on you looking at your wonderful card.

Hugs
Kathie
xox

cass said...

Both wonderful Christmas cards, great designs. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our "Anything Goes, optional " use sa diecut" challenge.

Dawn Phillips said...

What a lovely tribute to Julie. I hang candy canes on the tree on Christmas Eve and my son would pinch one every time he passed. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x