Friday, January 14, 2011

Through rain or shine


This Color Throwdown challenge is in honor of Katie Renz who lives in Washington State and was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer and has started chemotherapy.  There is more information on her on the site.
http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/
Since my husband has stage 4 renal cancer and has gone through another surgery with the plan to re-start yet another treatment this coming Monday, my heart goes out to Katie and her family.  There are times that all you can say is, "Cancer sucks."  I feel for my husband since there is a lot of emotional things that go with the cancer that a pill can not take away or make better.  There are times that I wish I could take away the pain or do more, it is difficult to watch someone you love go through treatments and to feel helpless.  We always want to make things better or fix it so it is with pure frustration to not be able to do so.  That is why this card has so much meaning to me.  It is the umbrella that may be hiding a kiss or tears.  And it will be left for my husband to find by his computer when he wakes up tomorrow.

Patterned Paper: SEI, K & company, Jillibean
Cardstock: Core-dinations, Recollections
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug
Ribbon: unknown
Button: Papertrey
Twine
Stamp:  Unity
Ink: Memento, Rich Cocoa & Black Tuxedo
Markers: Copic
Corner Rounder: Creative Memories
Nestabilities: Eyelet Circle
Metal Bling: Recollections

3 comments:

Broni said...

What a sweet card and so is the thought behind it. I'm so sorry you're also experiencing what Katie's family is. I will include your family in my prayers. Thanks so much for playing along in this special Color Throwdown challenge!

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card for Katie....sorry that you are going through the same experience in your household....

Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Lori said...

So sweet--and special, too!