Monday, September 10, 2018

Why do you think it's called ICU?

My Dad has worked with a guy for many eve though they are retired, and he has come with my Dad to work on my house.  He just found out that he had a pneumonia and then had to have open heart surgery tomorrow.  So I made this card for my parents to give him.  It's using a Bugaboo image Bugaboo Stella Nursing ICU.  As a nurse when I worked in the hospital, I told patients that they were designer gowns made by Seymore Butt, and they are like an insurance policy you think you are covered, but you aren't.  So that was my short stent as a stand up comedian.  Well, I'm still a nurse 28 years later; however, I now work for the insurance company, lol.




inside


Patterned Paper:  Recollections
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp and Sentiment:  Bugaboo - Stella Nursing ICU (see above for direct link)
Pearls:  Jolee
Glossy Accents
Border Punch:  Fiskars
Ink:  Memento - London Fog

Challenges
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 350 - 351 Anything Goes
If you give a crafter a cookie - Ch. 102 Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Ch. 262 finish the inside
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 546 Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - Ch. 396 Anything Goes

9 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun image and sentiment love the pearl ear-rings -your comments would be just perfect too lol--best wishes for a speedy recovery to your Dads friend

Margreet said...

Love your hilarious card with 'our' Stella. You gave her beautiful earrings!
xxx Margreet

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, so funny!! What a perfect card to cheer someone up facing surgery!! I love her earrings!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chrissy said...

I loved your little story Lisa and your card is FABulous and so funny..well done..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Fikreta said...

so fun and great card!

hugs

anne said...

Love this fun card and your comedy had me laughing out loud. Isn't laughter just the best medicine.
Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2
Anne SSW2-DT

Andrea W said...

Such a sassy card! I'm sure the recipient will love it. Those gowns are dreadful but it sounds like you had a fun way to lighten up the situation.

aussie aNNie said...

Cool card x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just love this make hun, her ear rings are fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at 'If You Give A Crafter a Cookie' this fortnight
Hugs Shell xx