Sunday, September 1, 2019

Scarecrow SSS 714

Today at Catch the Bug starts a new Stella Says Sketch and for my card, I used one of the three scarecrows from Scarecrow Trio. Do you believe this another CAS card for me? However, I had to emboss the white background because the flat white freaked me out. I didn't even put a sentiment on it, wow. I almost feel like a rebellious teen-ager except I just went for a walk and my body is reminding my that I am an old lady and more like a petrified mummy, lol.





Patterned Paper:  Recollections; Echo Park
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Scarecrow Trio
Spellbinder:  Small Pinking Circles
Die:  Sugar Pea Circle
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix

Challenges
QKR - Ch. 361 Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Wk 35 Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Ch. 198 Emboss It
Penny's Paper Crafty - Ch. 445 Anything Goes
Creative with Stamps - Ch. 42 Autumn

14 comments:

Linda Mc Enery said...

Since I completely identify with your aversion to Clean & Simple, I had such a good giggle at your post! It just feels naked if you aren't adding lots of embellishments, right! Anyway, I love what you've gone with! Adorable scarecrow, wonderful layout and of course you had to emboss the background! Beautiful job! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Penny's!
Linda

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely cool card, love your rose post below too. You cracked me up with your comment on the selfie.xx

Margreet said...

Great take on the sketch with the lovely scarecrow. Had to laugh while reading your blogpost. I completely understand your feelings.
Have a great day!
xxx Margreet

Fikreta said...

so cute card!

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! He's so cute!! I love the embossing!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the cute scarecrow -just loved reading your post and completely agree lol
Carol x

Chriss America Real said...

So cute! I think I might own the stamps I'm going to have to go look .

Come by my blog to see if you are a winner!

Hugs,
Chriss

Pia S said...

Your rebellious act of embossing the white panel was a clever move. It might have looked great without the embossing but I really like how it looks like this. Cute and clean, a great job!!

Corinne said...

loving that scarecrow.. fabulous cas card..
Thank you for joining us a Polkadoodles Craft Challenge..
hugs

Chris said...

Great take on the sketch Lisa, cute scarecrow and the embossed background looks lovely. So hard to control the urge to add stuff to a CAS card, you've done really well here! Hope you've recovered from that walk :)
xx

Hetty said...

Very lovely card, Lisa Lynn.

Lola said...

Oh my goodness you made me laugh. One, for expressing the flat white freaked you out - that's how I feel sometimes too when making CAS white cards!! Never thought to emboss though. I'll try that next time. Also, yup, in my head I'm in my early 30's. But my body reminds me that I'm closer to 90 :)

scrapsandink said...

Such a cute card! I love the patchwork look of the pattern paper. Your coloring is wonderful as well. Good luck on the Crafty Gals Corner Challenge!

APeeling Crafts said...

Super cute Autumn card! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative With Stamps-Pam DT