Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Blossom Word Block

Welcome to my new follower Tania B, leave me a message so I can follow you too. Today at Catch the Bug we have a new release which is Blossom Word Block. I did two different variations of this image. I had a lot of fun with it. First, I pulled out my distress oxide inks and did some smooshing of the inks.  I added some bling to the butterfly in the image and then added to die cut butterflies along with some enamel dots.  I ran a strip of washi tape diagonal across the patterned paper. For the second card, I used my Copic Markers and colored the image and high lighted the word blossom. I added a doily and ribbon. It just makes me hopeful for spring.

Update on the sad side, yesterday I got the bad news that my wonderful cat was not responding to the treatment at the UW Veterinary Clinic at noon.They now believe that she had lymphoma. So I finished work with a required meeting I had then I went to pick Jazzy up and brought her home so that her sister from the same litter would have a chance to say good-bye. We then we to our regular vet and my little girl is now in heaven with my husband. I sent her with an extra kiss to give to him since I know that she will cuddle up with him and give him my kiss. 





Card 1
Patterned Paper: Paper Studio
Cardstock: Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Blossom Word Block
Ink:  Distress Oxide - Worn Lipstick; Cracked Pistachio; Squeezed Lemonade
Enamel Dots:  Paper Studio
Bling:  Recollections
Washi Tape:  Recollections
Punch:  Martha Stewart

Card 2
Patterned Paper:  Recollections
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Blossom Word Block
Doily:  Recollections
Ribbon: Michael's

Challenges
Mix it Up - Ch. 35 Anything Goes and Smooshing
Crazy Catz - Ch. 495 Anything Goes with optional pretty papers
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 623 Spring Fever
Scrapping 4 Fun - Ch. 161 Anything Goes
the Sisterhood of Crafters - Patterned Paper
the Sketchy Challenge - Ch. 161 Anything Goes
QKR - Ch. 387 Anything Goes

25 comments:

tilly said...

what lovely cards I like the both, sorry for the loss of your cat, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge,
Tilly

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards LIsa. awww so so sad about fur baby, they are such a big part of our lives.xx

Gina said...

Beautiful cards Lisa Lynn.

Marlies said...

Two beautiful cards in lovely colours and design.Thanks for joining our challenge at Cute card Thursday.
So sorry to read about your cat. Take care. Marlies

Hazel (Didos) said...

Thank You for your kind comment on my blog, Im so sorry to hear of your loss too. I hope that your kitty thats still with you copes ok with the loss of her sister. Your cards are both super, they are lovely and bright, Love Hazel xx

Chris said...

Lisa so sorry about your cat, saying goodbye is so hard but you did the kindest thing for her.
Your cards are gorgeous, my favourite is the first one with the beautiful inky background.
xx

Hetty said...

sorry to hear about your lovely cat, Lisa Lynn. Animals are such precious friends.
Your cads are both beautiful.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh no, Lisa Lynn, this is so sad, actually heartbreaking. Jazzy was a beautiful girl and I know you have a lot of fun and happy memories of her. Please know I'm thinking of you and sending lots of hugs. On a happier note, both of your cards are beautiful! I like the two variations that you did to showcase the beautiful image.

Hugs,
Kitty

crafty-stamper said...

Love both your cards Lisa and so different- so sorry to hear about your gorgeous Jazzy
Carol x

Margreet said...

Both cards are stunning, Lisa.
So sorry for your loss. You will be missing Jazzy so much!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Lisa, I love the smooshing, the colours are gorgeous, fabulous backgrounds too..my heart goes out you..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

Cute! I love the pretty and bright colors. The black outline makes the colors pop. Thanks for joining us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Darlene said...

Beautiful creations Lisa! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Michelle said...

Oh Lisa Lynn - I'm so sorry about your beautiful cat - it's so sad to lose a pet - your cards are gorgeous - love how you have smooshed your distress inks - Michelle x

Fikreta said...

this is very nice.
Oh no Im so sorry for your loss...

Lola said...

Oh Lisa, I am so sorry about your fur baby. I hope your heart heals quickly and remains full of wonderful memories.

Your cards are so lovely. Both. I especially like the artsy first one.

kReN said...

Love your projects! So glad you joined us at the QKR Stampede Challenge. kReN Follow me @https://afourthlife.blogspot.com

Andrea W said...

Lisa, My heart goes out to you on the loss of Jazzy. I'll keep you and Snookie in my prayers. 💔

Your cards are lovely!

Renate said...

Beautyful cards, Lisa Lynn.
Thank you for joining us at Scrapping4Fun
Renate DT

So sorry for your loss..

Shelly Schmidt said...

The oxides look so pretty with this image! And, you found the perfect DP to pair with this card!~ And, loving your 2nd card as well. Two pretty cards : )
Oh Lisa, so sorry about your cat!

Ela said...

Wow such pretty cards! Nice colourful. Thanks for playing along at The Sketchy Challenges. Sorry about your cat. Hugs Ela DT

Cynthia said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jazzy. It's so hard to lose our furry family! Love what you have done with the floral image.

Patti said...

I am so sorry to hear about jazzy I hope crafting somehow still brings a little spark of joy in the midst of being sad!

Cindy said...

Very pretty cards. thanks for sharing with us at Mix It Up.

Melanie said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at The Sketchy Challenges & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Kreativtanten)