Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Loss of your Mother

I know I have been posting a lot of cards lately, but it just so happened that I have switched jobs and had an opportunity to have some time off in between.  I was planning to do some cleaning and organizing of my house, but I found it much more fun and fulfilling to make cards instead.  It happens to be the one year anniversary today since my husband's death.  That is why I am needing to do the cleaning.  I did manage to go through clothes and take 15 rubbermaid bins to the Salvation Army for donation.  So I'm working on it.  Since my husband was ill, I took nursing jobs to best take care of him and fit in with the family.  However, now that my children are busy with their lives, I can now focus on my career again so I have taken a nursing management position.  I am excited for this opportunity, but may regret it after I have a different stress in my life, hehe. The sad part is that I have to start with training on the day shift which is at 6am which is when I am usually going to bed so.....this is a big adjustment to switch schedules once again.
The other sad part, is that I have had a need for quite a few sympathy cards lately.  I made this one for a great aunt that passed away.  The sentiment is from a wonderful set at TLC.

Patterned Paper:  TLC
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Core-dinations, Recollections
Sentiment:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Spellbinders:  Heart circle, small circle
Ribbon:  TW
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Embossing Folders:  Cuttlebug; Sizzix

Challenges
Craft Your Passion - Ch. 250 Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Ch. 48 Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Ch. 233 Anything Goes
Come and Get It - Layer It On

5 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card. Lovely sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

N-Eva said...

Such a wonderful creation with great attention to detail . Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Hath said...

Lovely design! Thanks for joining us this week at crafting from the heart :)

Penny said...

Happy for your new challenge! But sorry for all the losses in your life.
Sweet of you to express yourself so beautifully for someone else's loss.
Big hugs, Penny




Kathie said...

Hi Lisa, love this sweet card and I'm sorry to here of your Great Aunt passing. Very pretty colours and embellishments.
Hugs
Kathie
xox