Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas Mom & Dad

I decided to make a shaker card for my parents for Christmas. I used a sentiment from TLC Create and a shaker kit from Kat Scrappiness.
Just for a quick update - NO squirrels in my attic, my Dad, brother and son came over last Sunday and found that it was a RACCOON!!! Since it was a lone raccoon it was probably a female since they den alone for the winter since they don't want a male around when they have their babes. She didn't want to leave my warm attic, but with MUCH coaxing from the guys she left. They cleaned up the mess she made, put some new insulation in and replaced the screen on my fan that she ripped out to get in. She tried to come back for several nights which I didn't appreciate and the temperature dropped. So it got quite cold and windy so I'm sure she found a new shelter.

For those of you who celebrate have a Merry Christmas!






Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Cardstock: Bazzil: Recollections
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Merry Christmas Mom & Dad
Punches:  EK Success
Dies:  My Favorite Things
Sequins: Recollections
Flowers:  Hobby Lobby

Challenges
Cheerful Sketches - December 2020
CHNC - Ch. 521 Anything Christmas with optional use "Christmas"
Always Fun - Ch. 194 Christmas
As You Like It - Favorite person to create for family or friend and why (family, they appreciate it when they know that you make it special for them)
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 470 - 472 Anything Christmas
Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - Last minute makes



4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Bye, bye, raccoon! They are cute, but only in the wild, not in your home! Beautiful shaker card! They must have loved it!

Margreet said...

What an exciting story about your raccoon. Glad your men came to help you.
Your card is a fab one.
Thanks for joining Cheerful Sketches.
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

I LOVE shaker cards Lisa, great design and poor little racoon, I hope she did find somewhere nice..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Fikreta said...

beautiful card!
Happy New Year! 🥳