Monday, March 8, 2021

Poinsettia with embossing

The past few years it has been my goal to make at least 2 Christmas cards each month and I have done well.....until this year. I'm quite behind in my holiday cards. I have tried to do some cleaning in my craft area and I found this wonderful freebie from Beccy's Place that I colored long ago and had sitting in a pile waiting to be put together. So I played instead of cleaned....again. I dry embossed the background and heat embossed the Tim Holtz sentiment.


Patterned Paper: Sweet Shoppe
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Beccy's Place (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  Tim Holtz
VersaMark
Embossing Powder: Stampendous
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug

Challenges
Christmas Card Throwdown - March Sketch
Beccy's Place Challenge - March
CHNC - Ch. 532 Anything Christmas or optional Father Christmas
CCAYR - March something that starts with e or f (embossing)
CRAFT -  Ch. 589
Merry Little Christmas - Ch. 32
Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - Vintage

15 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous, gorgeous colour and design. x

Chris said...

Much more fun to play than clean Lisa! Your card is gorgeous, love the take on the sketch.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

You always find something thats needs to be used instead of cleaning lol.Love the coloured poinsettia and large banner against the white embossed background
Carol x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa. Crafting is much more fun than cleaning.
xxx Margreet

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is beautiful, what a great make. I love poinsettias, think they are my fav flower on Christmas cards. Hope all is well with you, Hazel xx

Darlene said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL Lisa! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Beccy said...

Great take on the sketch Lisa Lynn, I love how you replaced the star with the poinsettia. Wonderful choice of paper too, the plaid piece looks very homey and makes me think of family dinners. The embossed background adds lots of fabulous texture to the design. Lovely!
Cheers,
Beccy

Lily-by-Gilly said...

Well dust if you must, but it's much nicer to play, and just look what you made! Beautiful card to add to your collection. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week. Gill, DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oops I was here before and never said Thank You for sharing with me on Fezziwigs, give that girl the sack!! So here I am saying it now!! Hope your doing fine, Hazelxx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Lisa, I love the poinsettia, gorgeous card..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chrissy said...

And with my DT hat on..Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Majda said...

Gorgeous card and great take on the sketch! Love the beautiful little scene!! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT.
Majda DT

Chriss America Real said...

This card is gorgeous! Playing is much more fun than cleaning!

Hugs,
Chriss

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!

Lola said...

This is wonderful! Wish I could manage a couple Christmas cards a month. My problem is I clean and get too tired to craft - so you have the right idea!