Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Find the Cure

With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month there are quite a few challenges using that as a theme.  Since my mother was diagnosed last year with the disease this is something that hits close to home for me.  Until recently, I worked with quite a few breast cancer patients so the think pink is something I can do.  My mother has the dreaded triple negative so she was node negative; however, she went through chemotherapy and radiation.  She is finally getting her hair back and has recently stopped wearing her wigs.  I thought this would make a perfect card for her, and luckily she doesn't read my blog.  This card uses the Pixie Dust sketch and digital image.


Patterned paper: My Minds Eye - Lush
Card stock:  Bazzil
Border punch: Fiskars
Nestabilites: Label #5
Ribbon: Michael's
Flowers: Prima & Recollecttions
Markers: Copics
Ink: Memento Black Tuxedo
Stamp: Find the Cure, Close to My Heart

No comments: