Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Images done

I have had some images colored for some time, but have not had a chance to put them together.  I have had intentions of having them completed for certain challenges, but.... that didn't happen.  It is funny how life things evolve and work and family take priority.  I had to take a class for work which involved taking tests each day so I had to STUDY eeks.  That is how the world is these days you have to keep learning so I wouldn't expect my job to be any different than it is for everybody else.  It is just funny that now what I did learn in school is many times the opposite of how we do it now.  I feel like such an old nurse when I am in class with these young fresh "new" nurses.
My first card is using the "Sweet Little Avery" image from Sassy Cheryl.  I was using this weeks color for Play Date Cafe, but was too late for the challenge.  I machine stitched around the card for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge for this week.
My second card is using "Blanche" from Saturated Canary for a birthday card for a friend.  I wanted to make it an elegant card so I used the beaded oval die cut around the sentiment and then black Stickles on the beaded parts.  I used Prima flowers and put Ice Stickles on them as well as the Paper Studio brads have a glitter finish as well.  If I only had a waist line like that!


Patterned Paper:  Nitwit- A Breath of Fresh Air
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollections
Stamp:  Sassy Cheryl - Sweet Little Avery
Flower:  Prima
Brad:  Paper Studio
Thread:  Stash
Spellbinders:  Label #8
Chalk:  Studio G

Challenges
SSSC- Sketch 158
Sassy Cheryl - A Stitch in Time
Pixie Dust - Flowers




Patterned Paper:  DCWV
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollections
Stamp:  Saturated Canary - Blanche
Sentiment:  Doodle Pantry
Spellbinder:  Beaded Oval & Circle Grand
Stickles:  Black Glitter, Ice
Lace:  Wrights
Ribbon:  Offray
Flowers:  Prima
Brads:  Paper Studio

Challenges
The Sweet Stop - Sketch #157
Pixie Dust - flowers
Crafts and Me - Challenge 83 Die cuts and punches
Paper Pretties - Ribbon

6 comments:

jkreucher said...

Don't ya just love stitching on cards! this is sweet as can be! your coloring is wonderful!
thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl stitches challenge this week!
Judy

Chrissy D said...

Adorable cards - Love your take on the Sweet Stop Sketch - different! Thank you for joining us this week on the Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! I hope you will join us again! Have a wonderful week!

Joseph said...

Design of your card is balanced and i copied for my friend.
Clear Business Cards
Scratch Cards
Printed Gift Cards

Cathymac said...

Wonderful cards...the coloring on both images is fabulous! Love how you added the lace and the ribbon behind "Blanche" on the Sweet Stop Sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Both are gorgeous Lisa. . . . .and I LOVE the way you colored Sweet Little Avery. . . .She's beautiful!
Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Stitching challenge this week.

Ann English said...

Lisa, I love them both...and I ,too, have both of these images. Clearly, we both have good taste-hee he!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!