Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sending you blessings

I made this card using Spellbinder leaves and the sentiment is from TLC.  Tonight I went to the wake, for my friend's 33 year old son, and my heart goes out to any parent who has lost a child.  Mike introduced me to his other son ,which I had not met since I only know the children that he has with my friend, but Mike was so broken up it was painful to watch.  My friend Kris, his wife has had some health issues over the past few years and Mike has been remarkable about dealing with all of that even when she has been hospitalized and I have come over to help with wound care he has been very calm.  I have had patients tell me that it is the worse thing to lose a child and it is a pain that I don't want to feel since having my husband in hospice is difficult enough.  We had to wait a block down the street to get into the church this evening and then they had us sit in pews and go row by row.  I think everyone in the small town was there to support the family.  My leaves don't do justice to the beautiful bouquets of flowers and wreaths that were presented to the family as wonderful keepsakes. All I can do is to tell my children that "I love them.", because you never know what can happen in a blink of an eye.


Patterned Paper:  Bo Bunny
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Spellbinders:  Leaves
Sentiment:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Ink:  Distress - Old Paper
Button:  stash
Twine:  Natural Fibers
Bling:  Michael's

Challenges
The Sweet Stop - Sketch 228
Fab 'n Funky - Ch. 187 Leaves
Craft your passion - Ch.180 Fall colors
Just Inspirational - Dies cuts or punched shapes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Fall Colors
Twist of Faith - Ch. 55 Buttons


14 comments:

Ann said...

Such a genuine and thoughtful card you have made for a friend! So pleased you could join us at the Sweet Stop and that our sketch inspired you - theses kinds of cards are always difficult to create but mean so much. Those leaves are just perfect and the sentiment is beautiful. Blessings to you!

Cathymac said...

My heart and prayers go out for your friend, Lisa! Your beautiful card is sure to bring comfort during this difficult time. Thanks you so much for using our sketch at The Sweet Stop to send such thoughtful blessings.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is a lovely autumnal card so sorry it had to be used for such a sad occasion. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, good luck! Susan x

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card for such a sad occasion xxx Thanks for sharing with us at
Just Inspirational Challenges
Hugs, Teresa DT
Ceesa's Card Creations

Penny said...

Oh, very sweet card, Lisa Lynn! And you are so right, you never know what will happen--which is probably a good thing, as I don't think I want to know about the bad stuff before it happens. I feel so sorry for your friends. I can't imagine having a child pass away before I do. And I am so sorry that your hubby in now in hospice--that must be so hard on you both.
Biggest hugs, Penny

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Lisa Lynn. I am so sorry for your friends' loss. I'm sure it will mean a lot to them to have such strong support from friends and the community. Sorry for all you are dealing with, too. You are in my prayers.

Elaine ♥ said...

Super card and lovely colours :)

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week, good luck!

Elaine ♥

Michelle said...

Adorable CAS card. Lovely background.
Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
xxx Michelle

Pat said...

Lovely card Lisa, great colours. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Ginny Maxam said...

Beautiful Falls Colors and I love the sentiment!!
Have a great week!

Zella said...

Fall is my favorite time of year and so I just love your card!! Great colors, sentiment, and of course - the button too. :) Thanks for joining us at Twist of Faith this week!!

Diane said...

Such a lovely CAS card Lisa.....life can be so cruel at times....

Thanks for sharing your card with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

hugs Diane xx

Kaylee Snyder said...

Very cute. I love the plaid paper. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again!

Vickie ODell said...

Lisa, the colors you used are a lovely surprise. The gold plaid seems like a natural for the fall images. The pink is the surprise! I love unexpected combinations out of the norm. Thanks for sharing that lovely sentiment with us, too, at Twist of Faith.