Saturday, April 27, 2019

Violets with loving thoughts

Today starts a new challenge at Catch the Bug and it's a Photo Inspiration.  For my card, I used Violet Teacup and a sentiment from TLC, Create.  I made it 3 D by coloring second copy of the flowers and cutting it out and putting it on pop dots on the original image. Violets just remind me of my Grandmother who would have had her birthday this month so she is just in my memories.






Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollection
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Violet Teacup
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Loving Thoughts flowers
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Spellbinders:  Small ad Large Circles
Ribbon:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Pop Dots
Embossing Folder:  We are Memory Keepers

Challenges
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 384 - 385 Anything Goes
As You Like It - Flowers or Ribbon (why)? I like both and think that they work well together. Flowers are perfect for spring and ribbon helps accent the color.
little red wagon - Ch. 494 Everything's coming up
Creative Sketchy Girls - Ch. 35 Flowers
Your Next Stamp - Ch. 112 CAS
Sparkles Monthly - Ch. 115 Flowers or Religious

17 comments:

Margreet said...

Great take on the inspirational photo, Lisa. And another lovely sentiment.
Enjoy your weekend.
xxx Margreet

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! The flowers are gorgeous!! I love the pretty sentiment, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Lisa Lynn! I hope you are having a great weekend! Your violets are so pretty, such a nice memory of your grandmother (sending hugs). Beautiful colouring and I like the 3-D effect! I sure do love that sentiment - I just checked my TLC file but I think I missed that one.

Fikreta said...

Very nice card!

Andrea W said...

The sentiment is wonderful and I really like the embossed background. Lovely card!

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa..I love the sentiment too and just imagine the love tucked in the flowers..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful!!! Love the violets and your pretty coloring! Also, love your memory- my Grandma and my Mother loved violets! I am amazed at how much stamping you get done!!! Always the perfect sentiment at TLC too!!! Wish our weather was nice enough for flowers!

Janice said...

Your card is beautiful, love the violets. Thank you for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, and hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful violets and lovely sentiment
Carol x

Lola said...

Wonderful 3D on the flowers and your sentiment is SO sweet.

Brenda said...

Beautifully done, Lisa Lynn! Your beautiful flowers are just what I had in mind for our challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon!

KraftyKoolKat said...

A very pretty creation Lisa Lynn. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

The Violets are gorgeous and your memories are too by the sound of it. This is a Gorgeous card and I love the layers and ribbon too.
Faith x
PS I'm sure I read somewhere that violets are the only flower that the perfume cannot be remembered?

Anne said...

Very pretty card wit a lovely sentiment
Thanks for joining in with the AYLI challenge

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Paddington fan said...

Such a pretty card, love that sentiment too! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Sparkles Monthly challenges, and I do hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

Nancy Soetaert said...

lovely card, great sentiment!
Thanks for playing at Creative Sketchy Girls
Nancy DT CSG