Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall

I know that it is fall, but I just feel that I keep falling behind.  Unfortunately my husband was hospitalized on the past two Saturdays.  The first one for pneumonia and dehydration.  And the most recent for a nose bleed and rectal/GI bleed.  All this has come from his cancer treatment for his metastatic renal cancer.  Needless to say, he is weak and having quite a bit of pain.  Tomorrow he has a MRI of his spine and he may be discharged.  The question is will he be able to come home, or will he require some rehab.  He is a patient on the nursing unit that I work on so it has been rather stressful for me.  I have also worked because I have not wanted to use a lot of my "sick" time so I have not had a lot of sleep.

I did manage to use my Prisma pencils and do a little coloring while he was sleeping the other day.  And this is what I came up with.



Patterned Paper:  K & I
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Core-dinations, Recollections
Stamp:  Mo Manning - Fall
Sentiment:  Verve
Ink:  Memento, Rich Cocoa
Prisma Pencils
Border Punch:  Fiskars
Buttons:  JoAnn's Basics
Spellbinders:  Grand Standard Circle, Grand Scalloped Circle
Silk Leave:  Unknown

Challenges
Mo Manning:  Autumn
Sketch Saturday - Sketch 174

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I can't even imagine the worry you must be feeling....
Your card is gorgeous, I just love the bright cheerful colors, I suppose cardmaking is quite therapeudic for you right now, ey?
I’m so glad you could play with us at Mo’s this week!
Hugs,
Dorcas
Ps) I have some ‘no strings attached’ blog candy up if you’d like to take a peek.

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful card! I love the plaid paper and matching buttons. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.
Best of wishes for you and your husband.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable.
luv
Debby