Saturday, September 3, 2011

Moving Day

Well it is here, in a few hours, we will be moving my daughter off to college.  She has definitely over-packed her clothes.  She is only going to be 90 miles away, but she packed like she will not be home until Thanksgiving break.  It is both exciting and sad to see her off as I'm sure many of you have already experienced.  She will actually be in my hometown with her grandparents there to keep an eye on her.  My Dad's birthday is coming up so I made this card for him.  He is a wonderful man, and I couldn't ask for a better Father.  My parents just came back from from a trip to Alaska and he is planning a trip out west hunting with my brother this fall.  He is an outdoors man so that is the reason I purchased this Impression Obsession Stamp.



Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye- Lost & Found 2
Cardstock:  Paper Company, Bazzil
Stamp:  Impression Obsession 
Sentiment:  Stampendous - Masculine Monikers
Ink:  Memento, rich cocoa
       Close to My Heart, Barn Red
Twine: Divine Twine
Spellbinders:  Grand Oval
Bling:  Recollections

Challenges
Deconstructed Sketch #17
Color Throwdown

2 comments:

Mina said...

I have been through the empty nest Lisa Lynn and my Daughter was only 50 miles away but I still felt like I was losing her, of course I didnt lol...your card is perfect for your outdoors Dad he will love it
Mina xxx

Broni said...

What a great outdoors card for a guy! Wow, I remember taking my daughter to college. She was 1000 miles away and I didn't see her again until Christmas! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown!