Sunday, June 23, 2013

Floral Happy Birthday

Well I decided to try playing with distress markers.  So for my card I started with my paper, and I embossed with black embossing powder my sentiment and flowers on the cardstock and heat set that.  I then took the distress markers and colored around in the center of the flower and used my water pen to pull the color to the edge of the petal.  It actually was easier than I thought it was going to be.


Patterned Paper:   Basic Grey - Infuse
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  Verve
Ribbon:  Offray
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Banner:  Verve die
Distress markers
Embossing Powder- Black Ranger & Versa Mark

Challenges
Mojo - Sketch 298
Dynamic Duo - Ch. 58
Polkadoodles - Wk 25 Summer birthday
Totally Papercrafts - Ch. 172 Flowers and bows
Delightful Challenges - Raise the Banner


9 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the colours & the layout is fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Karon said...

Wonderful colours - great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week. Karon, Polka Doodles DT.

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is really stunning! Love how you have done the flowers.

Carla S. said...

Beautiful birthday, card, Lisa Lynn!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful flowers on your card, great shading. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Pat K said...

I love this card Lisa Lynn....so dramatic with beautiful flowers, Pat K x

AB. said...

Great card! Love those flowers and the background DSP. :)
Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Penny said...

Very pretty take on that sketch, Lisa Lynn! Really love the colors you chose! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Pat K said...

Hi Lisa Lynn...back again with my DT hat on and still lovin this card....it gorgeous.
Thanks so much for joining us at TPC. Pat K x