Saturday, June 22, 2013

Life's hard ice cream helps

The sentiment for this card is a freebie that I got from TLC.  Unfortunately, the way the week has gone, I need a gallon.  The other day, my brownies turned out real gooie and I didn't think anything of it since it was a turtle mix.  Then when I tried to make some garlic bread the oven would heat and then I had issues with the broiler.  So the next day when I made my banana bread it took almost two hours to bake when it is usually an hour so then I knew my oven was dying.  I don't know if you remember some time back my refrigerator and dishwasher were replaced so it was time for the oven also since all the appliances were replaced when the kitchen was remodeled years ago.  The oven was a base electric oven so I talked my husband into getting a gas oven which will be delivered on Monday.  My husband made the comment to the appliance man that the only thing we hadn't needed to replace was the dryer....and then guess what.  I did the laundry and the after I put things in the dryer they were more damp than went I put them inside.  I gasped, held my breath and told my husband.  So I went back to the appliance store on Thursday alone and ordered a dryer since the washer was replaced within the last two years.  My husband and I went out today since I needed some ink for my printer and when we stopped and I was going to show him the dryer we were going to be getting, I noticed it was on sale for $137.15 off the price I paid on Thursday night so we got the price difference.  Now that was enough to really make me mad.  Most sales start on Sunday and this was just two days later.  My husband said, "Well, they gave us the money back."  I said "Yes, but when I buy my craft supplies, I'm not running back a day or two later to make sure they didn't screw me over on the price."  This is also from a well known store.  URRGH! There it is off my chest now.






Patterned Paper:  Me and My Big Ideas; DCWV; Crate
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp:  Crafy Sentiments Designs - Ice Cream Sunday
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Life's Hard Ice Cream Helps
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Ice Cream Cone die:  All that Scraps
Cherry:  Jolie
Washi tape:  Recollection
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug

Challenges
Sketch n Stash - Ch. 116
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Fun in the Sun
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 274 In the Summertime
Brown Sugar - Ch. 47 Summer
QKR - Ch. 44 Summer Fun
Paper Pretties - PWC263 Summer Fun

12 comments:

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your card is fabulous I love the image, the papers and your lovely added embellishments and I so agree with the sentiment LOL.

Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch N Stash xx

~@ngie~ said...

a sweet card & image... love the Dp's & your colouring technique :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash…. good luck :)

hugz Angie xXx

Céline said...

so cute card
thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
hugs
céline

Deonna B said...

mmmmm Ice Cream! It's hot today and it really sounds yummy! Great card and gorgeous colors. Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this week.

Gail said...

Lisa Lynn - she is a cutie and love that ice cream - in fact I LOVE ICE CREAM! - thank you for entering at Brown Sugar - nice summer card and fits our challenge perfectly! You have blessed us with your art! Enjoy your week Gail DT

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Wonderful work on the Freebie and love the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:) Love that ice cream cone and the cherry papers are too cute!

Deanne Saunders said...

Soooo cute!!! I used that same sentiment on a card last week!!! Thanks so much for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

rachel said...

great card! Love that sentiment and it works so well with Harriet - fabby colours and layout too"! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week and for using our Harriet! Happy Crafting and good luck xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, I love the sweet image and fabulous colours.
Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge
Sue xx

Penny said...

What is it with you and appliances? LOL! I have never heard of anyone having to replace all of them in such a short amount of time! Egad!
Your card is really darling! Love your take on the sketch, your image, and all the wonderful papers & embellies! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Ally said...

aw it looks so sweet, thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Stash!
xoxo, Ally

Karen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us in the brown sugar challenge, karen