Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Father's Day to my Brother

My brother, Mark is three years younger than I am, and we are soooooooo different.  My children are 20 and 17 years old whereas my brother has Greysen who is three.  My brother and I have a relationship that we don't have to talk on a regular basis, but we would do anything for each other.  With my daughter going to college in the area, he takes her out to lunch and they get together for supper on the weekends which I think is wonderful.  The one thing that I have to say about my brother is that he is a great dad.  He waited to have children (which also gave him a chance to grow up) and I can't believe how protective and attentive he is.  He is very involved and that is really the way it should be.  It also shows because his son is a "Daddy's Boy".  I thought it would be nice to give him this card using a this adorable image from Mo Manning a perfect sentiment from TLC.



Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - He's Rad
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollection
Stamp:  Mo Manning - Daddy's Shoes
Sentiment:  TLC, Create (see above for direct link)
Spellbinders:  Small and large petite ovals; pennants
Die Cuts:  QuicKuts - stars

Challenges
Sketch Saturday - Sketch 262
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C189 Father's Day
Eureka - Ch. 43 Father's Day
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 36 Father's Day
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Ch. 66 Manly Card - Father's Day
613 Avenue -  Ch. 23 Celebrations
Paper Pretties - PWC261 - Fantastic Fathers
Perfect Sentiments Challenge - PSC82 Father's Day

18 comments:

Confiseries Papier said...

Such a great card, loving the image. Your coloring is amazing. Thanks so much for visiting us at 613 Avenue Create.

Anonymous said...

beautiful creation. Love your take on the male theme. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Hugs Shelly

Margaret said...

He's got some might big shoes to fill. Great Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Penny said...

Just darling, Lisa Lynn! Love the design, the colors & DP, the die cuts, the darling image, and your coloring! I am sure your brother will love this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Unknown said...

TOO cute ~ love the little boy in the dad's shoes!

Thanks for joining our challenge at Eureka Stamps this week.

NanaConnie said...

Terrific use of that sketch, Lisa Lynn. I love that image! How nice that you honored us by playing along in our "Anything goes/Celebrations" challenge at 613 Avenue Create this week. I love being inspired by all our players.
NanaConnie DT

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Lisa Lynn! Just saw the post on Create with TLC. Love the primary color combo.

Desire Fourie said...

Another wonderful creation with great details. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Tammy’s Scrapin Corner Senior DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Purple Card Lady said...

Great card! You matched the sentiment and image up perfectly! :-)

lindyloo said...

awwww what a cutie image and love the layout thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle
lindyloo x

The Craft Bug said...

Stunning thanks for joining in at glitter n sparkle

Alex H. said...

Oh what a cute image... really funny little boy and wondeful card! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday!
;-) Alex H.

Unknown said...

This is adorable!!! Great job on every aspect of this card. Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrappin Corner this week.
Trudy DT
http://stickyfingersblog.blogspot.com

its me said...

happy fathers day brother

its me said...

happy fathers day brother images

Unknown said...

I find this website useful for Fathers Day Quotes And Sayings. Here is also a link to another useful website

Anonymous said...

Nice job making this informative blog. Here is website link for 4th Of July 2018

subhash moond said...

By sending Happy Friendship Day 2018 Images, Pictures, Photos to your best friends will give your friends an option to celebrate and make it even strong forever.
Funny Friendship Day Messages