Tuesday, July 9, 2019

5 cent Candy Canes

Today it's New Release day at Catch the Bug and the image is Eggbert Christmas. The sentiment is from TLC, Create.  I had to color his mouth red, because I would remember my daughter eating so many mini candy canes that she would turn her lips a bright red.  I buy her boxes of candy canes when in season to this day for her peppermint addiction, lol. Just wish that they were only 5 cents, hehehe.
I realized for the Sketch...I went the wrong way with my strips, argh. But with my liquid glue...there was no going back! Next time.




Patterned Paper:  Target
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Eggbert Christmas (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Candy Canes 5 cents
Candy Canes - Jolee
Sakura jelly glitter pen
Ink:  Memento - Real red
Spellbinder: Small petite oval

Challenges
CHNC - Ch. 445 Anything Christmas with optional for a man/boy
Crafty Calendar - Christmas in July
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 394-395 Anything Goes
Merry Little Christmas - Ch. 12 Anything Christmas

12 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! He's too cute!! I love the papers!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chris said...

He's so cute Lisa, fabulous papers and design.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous and adorable.

Margreet said...

Love your Eggbert with his red mouth. It is great joyful card.
Never mind that you went the wrong way with the strips. I can see you've used all the strips, so I want to thank you for joining Cheerful Sketches.
Good luck.
xxx Margreet

Mia said...

Gorgeous card and great sketch.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Calendar. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Lola said...

My kids also like those candy canes, and I've never really liked them at all! Your card is so cute and I like the little sentiment. I remember going to penny and nickle candies when I was young.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous Christmas card love the cute image and B.papers-I have used these on the tree but no-one ever ate them!
Carol x

Joy Wilson said...

Fantastic job with Egbert! I colored mine, but forgot to post it. I’m a ding dong.

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

Chrissy said...

Oh, he is so very cute Lisa..gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Anita van Merode said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining by Cheerful sketches challenge blog.
Greetings Anita

Monica Maier said...

What a cute card, love the use of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at MLC in July!

Monica- DT
https://monicascraftcorner.blogspot.com/