Saturday, February 1, 2020

Let Love Grow

It's February 1st already! I just can't believe how fast the days are going. Maybe it's because I have to work a full time regular job and don't have as much time to craft as I would like. This month I am a guest designer for Joy of Sets and they have fun tic tac toe challenges. For my card, I used an image from Mo Manning, Let Love Grow with a computer generated sentiment. I couldn't decide which elements to use in the challenge so I went for a full black out of all 9!  I pulled out my Derwent Watercolor pencils which I haven't used in some time so I used Copics on the face ad hair and pencils on the rest. I embossed the vellum and put it on a gold metallic paper. The background purple paper also has streaks of gold.






Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio; Recollections
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Paper Studio; Recollections
Vellum:  Recollections
Stamp:  Mo Manning - Let Love Grow (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  Computer generated
Spellbinders:  Small and Large Petite Ovals
Embossing Folder:  Darice
Hearts:  Prima
Watercolor Pencils:  Derwent

Challenges
Crafty Friends - Ch. 128 Love/ Romance
Crafty Sentiments - Hearts / Valentine
Crafting Happiness - Anything Goes with optional twist Love
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 619 Valentines
Creatalicious - Ch. 180 Anything Goes with optional hearts
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 243 Anything Goes with a sentiment

16 comments:

Fiona said...

Congratulations on being a Guest Designer Lisa - great card using all 9 elements - wow! Thanks for joining us at JOSTTT

Jane Allmark Crafting With Jane said...

Pretty card and well done for using all 9 elements. Thanks for joining #JOSTTT challenge x

Crafting Queen said...

sweet card, lovely colouring.

Gina said...

Beautiful and colourful card Lisa Lynn ! Love your colouring ! Greetings, Gina

Chris said...

A beautiful card making great use of all the elements on the grid, fabulous colouring on your sweet image too! Have a good weekend Lisa.
xx

Margreet said...

Congrats on being GD, Lisa. You're a great star in using all elements (you did it before). Great coloring!
xxx Margreet

KT Fit Kitty said...

The time flies way too fast for me as well, so I can't imagine how you find the time to make beautiful cards while working full-time, but you do a wonderful job! Your card is adorable, such a cute image and beautifully coloured!

Cheryl Even said...

Wow, this card sure packs a punch! Love the image of the little girl, and you did a great job coloring her and pulling together all nine elements from the tic-tac-toe grid. Thanks for being our guest designer over at Joy of Sets this month.

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and love you used pencils, I am loving using mine too. Gorgeous Mo's image.

Deb said...

This is adorable!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Angie McKenzie said...

Lovely coloring! Love that you used all 9 squares for the #JOSTTT014 challenge. Congrats for being a guest designer!

Krafty Kaylin said...

i love that i inspired you enough to do all 9 things on the grid. And to pull out some supplies you havent used in awhile. thanks for guesting with us at JOSTTT.

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on tour GDT spot and getting a full house on the tic/tac/toe love the design and cute image-I wouldn't have had time to craft when I worked so you are doing brilliantly-but do you eat and sleep lol
carol x

Crafting Andy said...

So lovely and great colouring. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!

Rhodidodi said...

Great minds think alike! I used the same image for this challenge. I love the way you have coloured it, especially round the eyes. thank you for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.