Thursday, April 9, 2020

He is Risen

I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy. I am still working, but my work as a nurse has been slow. I work in insurance and we have less people having surgery and in the hospital. But the people in the hospital are sick. It just makes me sad that no matter how sick they are they can't have many visitors, even if they are dying which breaks my heart. So that's why I craft....to deal with my stress. I was asked why I am making so many cards right now. I cannot see my family or friends and I know that people are suffering physically and emotionally so that is my way of dealing with it.
And for the upcoming Easter holiday in another vintage looking card, I found a freebie image that I had in my stash from Magic Moonlight and a sentiment I put on the bottom from TLC, Create.  I distressed the papers. I added a couple of butterflies with some bling, some roses and a gold ribbon.




Patterned Paper:  Recollections; Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp:  Magic Moonlight
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - He is Risen
Flowers:  Recollections
Butterflies:  Martha Stewart
Die:  My Favorite Things
Bling:  Recollections
Ribbon:  Offray
Tim Holtz Distress Tool

Challenges
Sweet Stampin' - Things with Wings
Dragonfly Dreams - Add a flower/flowers
Crafty Calendar - April Add a butterfly
Always Fun - Ch. 157 Easter
Use Your Stuff - Ch. 395 Easter
Crafty Cardmakers - Ch. 254 Easter
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 629 Ribbons
Crafting Happiness - Ch. Ch. 43 Anything Goes with optional Easter

12 comments:

Margreet said...

Beautiful card, Lisa.
Crafting is a fine way to deal with these hard times.
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

It must be so difficult for you at work Lisa, seeing people ill and in distress can't be easy at the best of times...and let's face it these are definitely not the best.
Stay strong and well yourself, so glad that the crafting helps you to deal with everything.
Beautiful card btw!
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Love the card Lisa, so appropriate for this Special time of year, sad we can't spend Easter with loved ones. My DIL works in ICU and also I too can relate to your words.xx

Gina said...

A good distraction our card making ! Hopefully you have nivce wheather too, so you can go out for a walk from time to time as well ! Love your nostaligique card ! Take care and stay in good health! Gina

Jessie said...

Beautiful card and card making is very therapeutic.

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful vintage angel. Thank you so much for playing along in our Crafting Happiness Challenge this week. Hope you’ll link up again!
Hugs! Janis
Crafting Happiness Challenges, Challenge Blog Owner
Pause Dream Enjoy, Personal Craft Blog

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

Sammy said...

loving the colours and that gorgeous ribbon! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card. Love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card Lisa I love the image, the flowers and the distressed papers. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
Please take time to ensure you look after yourself, and yes crafting does help to escape the real world. Thinking of you, hugs Glenda.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Catching up AGAIN Lisa, slap my wrist LOL. This is a beautiful Easter card, so much meaning in it.
Keep safe and well
Faith x