Tuesday, November 5, 2019

I'm so pumped!

Today is a new release day at Catch the Bug and for my second card I used the image Bugaboo Brat Diabetic Girl.  The sentiment is computer generated and I punched out the flowers.  I have been diabetic since I was 11 so it's been 40 years now.  And I have had an insulin pump for over 20 years. I plan to donate these cards to my Diabetic Nurse Educator to give to new diabetics.

If you have...fatigue, thirst, hunger, unexplained weight loss, excessive urination, frequent infections or infections that won't heal, blurry vision, dry mouth, headaches, tingling in your fingers or toes please see your doctor for a blood test for diabetes.


my insulin pump that is attached to me like a leash, lol


Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - Carolina Coast
Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo Brat Diabetic Girl (see above for direct link)
Flowers:  Tonic Punch
Enamel Dots:  Recollections
Spellbinder:  Pennant

Challenges
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 410 - 411 Anything Goes
Allsorts - Wk 544 Make your own flowers
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 239 Anything Goes with a sentiment
Crafty Calendar - November Cute and Girly
Polkadoodles - Wk 44 Anything Goes

13 comments:

brenda said...

So good to see you alerting people to the symptoms of diabetes Lisa Lynn, I had no idea why I was dropping so much weight or my eyes had deteriorated so quickly, only by chance I mentioned it to the Nurse and alarm bells range. That was twenty years ago and thankfully all under control now.

So you pretty card is going to a very good case, thanks so much for sharing and joining in at Allsorts this week.

B x

Margreet said...

And another gorgeous card, Lisa. With another great sentiment.
xxx Margreet

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Lisa Lynn, I had no idea you've had diabetes for so long. I'm glad you have the insulin pump to keep it under control. This was an educational post and I'm glad to see the symptoms list, very informative. Brian is a diabetic too.

Your card is so cute! I really like that image and sentiment - I think it's wonderful that you're donating these cards for new diabetics.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue x

Lola said...

Great papers on your card and your little brat is so cute. And what a great sentiment!! I couldn't imagine being diabetic. I love sweets too much. So I take it that pump actually goes into your body somehow? Wonderful sharing of the things to watch out for!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and very thoughtful to be used for newbies-John has been diabetic for about 12 years now
Carol x

Chris said...

This is gorgeous too Lisa, great idea to donate the cards for newly diagnosed diabetics, it must be very scary to find out that you have this condition...especially for a child, all support will be appreciated.
xx

Chrissy said...

Super cute card Lisa..I had a diabetic test about 6 months ago and all was well, my brother and my Dad weren't so lucky..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mummylade said...

Lovely card for a good cause! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

aussie aNNie said...

Cute card and colours Lisa.x

Mervi said...

Beautiful flowers and lovely card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Dawn Frost said...

Love your card Lisa Lynn! Wow being attached to a pump all the time must suck. I actually thought the girl had on a fanny pack, I had no idea it was a pump! Thanks for the photo of yours!

Fikreta said...

Its very nice card!