Friday, November 1, 2019

We're Praying for You - 340

Today I am posting a sympathy card that I made using a sketch from Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge.  For this card, I heat embossed a sentiment from a retired Verve stamp set. I added some punched butterflies and a flower.
I can't believe that's November 1st already. Last night for Halloween we had 4 inches of snow for the kids to trudge through....I didn't even have a chance to get my steps shoveled off, argh. It took my 1.5 hours to get to work. I love snow on my cards just don't like driving in it, lol.




Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Verve
Versa Mark
Embossing Powder:  Hampton Arts
Flower:  Recollections
Punch:  Martha Stewart
Spellbinder:  Pennant
Ribbon:  Michael's
Glue Dots

Challenges
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 239 Anything Goes with a sentiment
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 410 - 411 Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Galz - Ch. 108 Something that starts with "S" (Sympathy, Stripes, silver)
Crafty Creations - Ch. 401 Anything Goes

13 comments:

Margreet said...

Beautiful sympathy card, Lisa.
Wow, 1.5 hours to get to your work. Here, the cold is less, but there will be more rain. So, I will stay inside and you can find me in my craftroom.
xxx Margreet

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, Snow???!!!! We haven't had any yet and it was unseasonably mild yesterday! Wow such bizarre weather these days. Although it was mild, unfortunately for the trick-or-treaters, it was very rainy and windy. Sorry you got all that snow! Your sympathy card is beautiful, awesome job on the sketch!

Chris said...

Oh my goodness, not snow already!!! It does look pretty on a card but IRL it's terrible to get around in, I hate driving in it too. Fortunately it rarely lasts for very long here if we get any at all.
Your sympathy card is beautiful Lisa, that's a lovely sketch.
xx

Gina said...

Beautiful sympathy card ! Oh gosh ! you already have snow! Be carefull when you go outside. Creative regards, Gina

Fikreta said...

Beautiful card!

Pat K said...

Lovely sympathy card Lisa Lynn. and way too early for the white stuff girl. Hope it thaws out quickly. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovey sympathy card.

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Very nice card, the embossed sentiment adds a special touch. Hope your travels in the snow get better as the season continues. Thanks for sharing your card with AHSC.

Michelle said...

Can't believe you have snow already - I can't wait till we have some lol - sympathy cards are not easy to do but you have done a lovely job with yours - Michelle x

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful sympathy card love the book print border.WOW snow already no offence but feel free to keep it lol
Carol x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful sympathy card Lisa..our heat has come far too early and is a bit of a worry how hot we are going to get this year and for how long..you have early snow so that will be teling you something..take care.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Glenda Atkins said...

I am with you all the way re snow. beautiful it is but boy could I live without it. It is the driving in it and shovelling I hate so much. Do love your card, a wonderful take on the sketch and a perfect sympathy card.
hugs Glenda

Lola said...

So lovely and the butterflies really add a nice pop of color. Wow, so did you actually have trick or treaters?? That's too cold for my blood!