Sunday, April 26, 2020

Yappy Birthday

Well my Grandpup's birthday is coming up so I had to make him a birthday card. Well it's also time for a new Stella Says Sketch at Catch the Bug and I used one of the images from the Birthday Puppies Set. The sentiment I heat embossed in gold is from My Favorite Things, Pups and Kisses.
Gus is having a hard time and "acting up" for my daughter. She is a 4th grade teacher and both her and her significant other are working from home right now. Gus usually went to doggy daycare on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and then went to school with my daughter on Fridays. So now he just goes to daycare once a week. He is a social dog so he won't cuddle or listen to my daughter. I think he is upset because of the change in his routine. She is devastated. This quarantine and staying home is affecting EVERYONE! We don't always realize that our critters don't understand what is happening.






Patterned Paper:  American Crafts
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Birthday Puppies Set
Sentiment:  My Favorite Things - Pups and Kisses 
Spellbinders:  Small and Large Circles
VersaMark
Embossing Poweder: Hampton Arts
Washi Tape:  Unknown

Challenges
QKR - Ch. 395 Anything Goes
Crafty Animals - Ch. 37
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 249 Birthday Sentiment
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 631 Dotty
Seize the Birthday - Ch. 189 Food and/or Drink


16 comments:

Andrea W said...

How sweet to make your Grandpup a card! It's super cute and I love the sentiment. Hopefully Gus will adjust to his new routine until things get back to "normal". I know we are all feeling the stress of the situation. Take care!

Margreet said...

So sweet of you to make Gus a birthday card. Great coloring.
xxx Margreet

Gina said...

What a sweet card ! Creative regards, Gina

Chris said...

You've made a really cute card for your Grandpup Lisa! Love that image.
Poor Gus, he's really not enjoying his change in routine, unfortunately you can't really explain Lockdown to a dog! My dog, on the other hand, is loving it! She's still getting her daily walks and we never go out together and leave her indoors- she's going to sulk when it's finally over!
xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh Yappy birthday to Gus when it arrives. He will love this card, its brilliant. Sorry to hear he is stressed out. My Belle is a bit as well, I bought her a calming collar and that seems to have helped a wee bit. Much Love H xx

Fikreta said...

so cute card!

Chrissy said...

Adorable sweet card Lisa and such clean embossing, I cant clean emboss..

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute card Lisa -awww bless him missing his routine
Carol x

Lindsey said...

Good reminder that not every pet is currently living his/her best life! (The way my cat is...) This little puppy is so sweet with his little cupcake! Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet and so beautifully designed project. Hope you are doing well.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Well this is just adorable, and so thoughtful for your grandpup. Poor Gus, he is definitely being affected by the lockdown. I hope things change soon. It still won't be back to normal, but a new normal I guess. Love how you used the washi tape, and that puppy is sweeeeet!

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh, isn't he cute, love the 'yappy' sentiment and his cupcake! Stay safe my friend!
hugs
Glenda

Marlies said...

A lovely cute card the little doggie is so sweet! Thanks for joining our challenge at Cute Card Thursday. Marlies

NanaConnie said...

Such a sweet little pup, Lisa Lynn. I don't know how he is managing to resist jumping into that cupcake and 'woofing' it down in one single bite! lol Thanks so much for supporting and entering our Anything Goes challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Hope to see you playing again soon and good luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Lovely card and a great sentiment Lisa, I think the lockdown is affecting everyone around the world isn't it. It WILL end.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm back to say I still love your card Lisa. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to see you again in our next challenge.

Faith QKR Stampede DT