Thursday, April 30, 2020

Snow be It

Well so far I'm getting my Christmas cards done at least a couple each month so I'm happy about that. This week at Christmas Card Throwdown the challenge is to do a herringbone technique. The have links for it on the site.  Lately I have been like I don't have time to learn new things, but since I can't go shopping at non-essential stores I found some extra time, lol. Since I still haven't found the desire to clean. Getting supplies right now is taking FOREVER, even with Amazon Prime. So I was fortunate that Target had some spray adhesive so that's what I used to adhere my strips.  I cut them 1/2 and 3/4 inch wide and oh my I had FUN! My sentiment is from TLC, Create. I did some die cuts and a bling and there you go!



Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio; Recollectiions
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Snow be it
Spellbinders:  Romantic Rectangles
Dies:  Tutti & My Favorite Things
Bling:  Paper Studio

Challenges
Christmas Card Throwdown - April technique Herringbone
CHNC - Ch. 487 Anything Christmas with optional for a child
Fab 'n Funky - Ch. 479 Christmas
Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Anything Christmas/Winter or Snowbuddies
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 436 - 437 Anything Goes

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this design Lisa, beautiful card.

Chris said...

Some good things do come out of the lockdown Lisa -and this is one of them.It's good to have the time to play and try out new techniques that maybe we wouldn't have the time for usually-much better use of your time than cleaning!!! The finished card is gorgeous, it's a great use of your scraps and most importantly you had fun.
xx

Margreet said...

Your herringbone technique is stunning, Lisa!
Cleaning???? Don't know that word.....lol
xxx Margreet

Fikreta said...

very nice!

Hazel (Didos) said...

This is super, what agreat design, must have a try of it, Hope alls well, Hazel xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful Lisa, I love your patchwork of all your papers, looks amazing, fabulous Christmas card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

Looks like a cozy quilt. Great job on the new technique - and I'm with you on things taking forever to ship and I believe some store should be "essential" so I don't go crazy! I hope you are doing well!

MiamiKel said...

OKay, I'm intriqued! Herringbone technique? I have to look this up! Way to go on getting your holiday cards done! Where do you store them - like seperate until the holidays come around? I may have to get a little plastic shoe style box with a lid and try this, too! Your card is GORGEOUS!

Suze said...

That's a lovely way to use up small pieces of patterned paper. Such a beautiful card. I'm not familiar with the Herringbone technique either so I will have to check that out particularly as I have heaps of pieces of patterned paper that would be suitable. Like you, I haven't found the desire to clean! Thank you for joining in the For A Child Challenge at CHNC.

Marjeta said...

Wonderful paper, perfect for this technique. Thanks for creating with us.
Greetings , Marjeta GDT

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at 52cct

Pat K said...

Well done. Herringbone pattern looks great. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx