Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Flat out

Well my work has just been busy and life has gotten crazy. So I have nothing wrong, just not much time to craft or post. The other thing is that I have had a life of not sleeping much during the week so that I could stay up late or early into the morning with only getting a couple hours of sleep. And then trying to catch up on the weekends. My Mother, kids and doctor are after me that this is not healthy! And as a nurse I know that it is true. I just have looked at it as I have always behaved my entire life and now was my time to be "naughty" and do what I wanted. However, my doctor is threatening me that I am setting myself up for a heart attack. So.....I have been trying, and it's difficult to get more sleep. Since my husband passed away, my finance broke up with me, my cat and I have our own schedule. So working nights for years has allowed me to get away with little to no sleep, but I do have to take care of myself so I can enjoy my grandpups and children.
Here is a card using a stamp and sentiment from Judith and Heather. And I actually made a CAS card which is a big accomplishment for me.


Cardstock:  Recollections
Stamp:  Stamps by Judith & Heather Flat Chicken  & sentiment
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black

Challenges
AAA - CAS Challenge - Ch. 168 One corner stamping with optional masking
Krafty Chicks - Ch. 512 CAS
little red wagon - Ch. 554 Animal Antics
Crafty Animals - Ch. 39
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Ch. 39
Alphabet Challenge - F Flora or Fauna

17 comments:

Nancy Soetaert said...

Great card
And take care of yourself!
Nancy

aussie aNNie said...

ha cute, fab card.x

Chris said...

Brilliant image with that sentiment Lisa and a fabulous CAS design.
Listen to your own advice and take care of yourself!
xx

Jane said...

Fun image and sentiment. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This chicken makes me laugh! I don't know what it is about chickens but they are so funny! The sentiment is perfect! Sorry about your sleep struggles.
Have you tried melatonin? There's also magnesium supplement that works well too. I've had trouble sleeping for decades and it's no fun feeling tired all the time. I hope you can get some sleep. You have such a stressful job; please stay healthy, my friend! I'll be praying for you.

JanR said...

Such a fun card! I love that stamp. Please do take care of yourself. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful card Lisa, seems you're like that, so slow down Honeybun and see to YOU.
Take care
Faith x

creationsnz said...

Easy to say get more sleep but hard to do sometimes.
Your chicken card is fun - I love chickens - and a great sentiment to go with it. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Margreet said...

Awww, love this chicken card so much! And that sentiment is hilarious.
I think you have made some wise decisions. Take care of yourself!
xxx Margreet

Lynda said...

Great CAS card - I struggle with those too - but you have nailed it here. Love the way you have put this together. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda DT
ps - us nurses aren't always the sensible ones when we think to look after ourselves, are we?? xx

Chrissy said...

Oh Lisa, you must do as you are told for your own sake..don't take these risks it is not worth it..so you make sure you get to bed with a good book or have the telly on in your room, that always makes me sleep..great card, love the flat chicken..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lola said...

Wonderfully CAS and great coloring on this cute image. Yes, you do need to take care of YOU!! Be happy my friend.

Nance said...

That is a funny and great CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Cynthia said...

This is adorable! The sentiment is perfect with the adorable chicken. Hey, take care of yourself!! :)

Rachelle Oltean said...

OMGoodness! I LOVE that flat chicken image! This is a wonderful CAS design and with perfect placement of all the elements! Really nice! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Alphabet Challenge "F" is for flora or fauna!
Rachelle - DT : )

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and love the fabulous fun image and sentiment-easy to say I know but you must take care of yourself too!!!
Carol x

Nancy said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!