Wednesday, June 10, 2020

May your Holidays Sparkle

I was having fun playing with some Distress Oxides and then I decided to use some for this sketch. They are not the traditional colors for Christmas, but that's was intrigued me. I also found some ribbon that I had recycled from a gift. I dry embossed the white background and then pulled out some snowflake die cuts and put a pearl in the center of the smaller ones. Then used a My Favorite Things Christmas Sentiment that I have had for quite sometime as a freebie set.



Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  My Favorite Things
Ribbon:  Stash (recycled from gift)
Pearls:  Jolee
Dies:  My Favorite Things; Sizzix
Inks:  Distress Oxides - Spun sugar; Fired Brick; Worn Lipstick
                                     Peacock Feathers; Picked Raspberry; Mustard Seed; Wilted Violet
Embossing Folder:  We Are Memory Keepers

Challenges
Christmas Card Throwdown - June Sketch (see above)
CHNC - Ch. 493 Anything Christmas with optional winter fun
CCARY - June Recycle/Upcycle (ribbon)
613 Ave Create - Ch. 234 Anything Goes with optional twist create a blended background
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 442- 443 Anything Goes


12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely design, great colours and beautiful papers.x

Chris said...

Two in a row with no design papers, well done Lisa! The inky papers you created are very beautiful. great use of the sketch too xx

Margreet said...

Love your background papers, Lisa. Great take on the sketch!
xxx Margreet

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Lisa Lynn! Just popping in to say Hello and to see what you've been making! I am one who enjoys non-traditional colours - this is gorgeous! You've reminded me... I am long overdue for a play-date with my Distress Oxides - gorgeous work! Hope you're having a good day today!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love this card and the colours are super, what a great make, Hazelx

Michelle said...

This is gorgeous Lisa Lynn - I love the non-traditional colours you have used for this - Michelle x

Chrissy said...

Awesome oxide background and snowflakes Lisa..fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chana Malkah said...

Very nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

Beautiful Christmas card.
Big Hug Bianca
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge Blog.

Alison said...

Fantastic Christmas card, Lisa. I love the way you've used the Distress Inks and that big snowflake with the sentiment inside.
Alison x

Chriss America Real said...

This card is so unique! Just beautiful!

Hugs,
Chriss

Majda said...

Beautiful card, love the background.
Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT