Sunday, June 7, 2020

Rainbow Unicorn

Today starts a new Stella Says Sketch at Catch the Bug and I just love this sketch. I used Sweet Unicorn 01 for my card.  I added a couple of extra Martha Stewart punched butterflies with some bling added to the center.  I outlined the clouds and the path of the butterflies with Sakura jelly glitter pen so I have sparkle and shine on this card also with the ribbon base. This sketch will be until July 5th since we have monthly sketches for the summer.
Now on my philosophical side, the meaning of the rainbow is of God as listed in Genesis, and the clouds of destruction. I think that we are going through lots of challenges at this time and whether you believe in God or not we need a positive focus. And I believe that the rainbow does that even if you just see it as the light that shines after the rain. I don't usually ask for personal favors, but I have a family member, Jessica my cousin who is struggling with life right now and is in the hospital. Her family isn't able to visit her due to the Covid precautions. So if you could please send happy thoughts and prayers for her, I would greatly appreciate it because she feels alone and is need of support. Thanks so much.




Patterned Paper:  American Crafts
Cardstock:  Bazzil
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Sweet Unicorn 01 (see above for direct link)
Ribbon:  Michael's
Bling:  Recollections
Punch:  Martha Stewart
Sakura jelly glitter pen

Challenges
Penny's Paper Crafty - Ch. 472 Anything Goes
Get Creative - Ch. 92 Fantasy
Pattie's Creations Challenge - Ch. 171 Things that fly
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 637 Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage - Ch. 130 Anything Goes
As You Like It - Scene or Not (why?)  Scene because it looks more realistic

16 comments:

Joy Wilson said...

Fabulous card!... I bet rainbow farts don't stink!!! Lol I couldn't resist after our convo this evening!
Hugs, Joy

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designed card most adorable colours and result. x

Lola said...

This is absolutely adorable! I just adore everything about it - so bright, fun, and beautifully colored. I'm sorry about your cousin and will definitely say a prayer.

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
Anneke DT

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is super cute! Adorable image and so beautifully coloured! I love your rainbow paper and unicorn, and your sparkly ribbon is beautiful! My daughter is sitting next to me, so we've just sent up a prayer together for Jessica, and for the family, because when a loved one battled, those who love them do too, right? Thanks for sharing your card with us at Penny's!
Linda

Fikreta said...

this is super cute!
love it!

Chris said...

Beautiful card Lisa, adorable unicorn, so beautifully coloured and great use of the sketch. Apart from it's beauty and air of magic the rainbow is a positive reminder that things will get better eventually, so love the rainbow colours on your card. Sending positive thoughts for your cousin, I hope she finds some peace and happiness.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful rainbow Unicorn and sending positve thoughts to your cousin and hope she finds some peace and feels better soon
Carol x

Gina said...

Wauw this is beautiful with all these colours ! Creative regards, Gina

Margreet said...

Sending positive Dutch thoughts to Jessica. It is so hard for her to be in hospital and family not visiting her.
Your card is so beautiful. Love the rainbow and the lovely unicorn which is colored fab!
xxx Margreet

Zw@@n said...

I love this colourful card! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

Chrissy said...

Beautiful little unicorn Lisa.love the rainbow colours, sending love and happy thoughts to Jessica, think happy thoughts Jessica and stay strong..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your beautiful and colorful card! Fun take on the sketch as well.
I sure will say prayers for Jessica and hope she has speedy healing!

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Amazing card, I love colors and image.
Thank you for joining The Get Creative Challenge Blog
Hugs Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}>

Lorraine said...

A fabulous card, love the bright colours

Thanks for joining our challenge at As You Like It this time.
Lorraine x

Angela P. said...

I love this colorful unicorn!!! So cute!