Monday, June 12, 2017

Bonus Dad

Here is the card that I made for my Dad for Father's Day using a stamp from Unity called Bonus Dad.  I inked it with Tim Holtz Distress inks and then blotted several inks around the image and smeared some water on the green and blue.
My Dad has been helping me with projects around my home, but he hasn't been around for awhile due to somethings that he has needed to do at his area.  Now, this past week we have had it in the 90s and I went to turn my air conditioning on and it would run, but I didn't have any cold air.  So I finally had someone come out today.  Just to find out that the 220 volt electricity had been turned off which I'm sure happened when the guys were doing some work for me since my Dad put new light fixtures to my garage and office.  So oops after the cats and I have been suffering for days and it cost me a visit today, argh.  I still love DADDY!




Patterned Paper:  Simple Stories:  Basic Grey
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Unity - Bonus Dad
Ink:  Distress - Tim Holtz - Walnut Stain, Chipped Sapphire, Evergreen Bough
Spellbinder:  Large Circle
My Favorite Things:  Die-Namics - Double stitched circle
Divine Twine
Bling:  Recollection

Challenges
Dream Valley - Ch. 158 Square Cards Only
International Art & Soul - Ch. 10 For Men
QKR - Ch. 247 For the Guys
Fab 'n Funky - Ch. 354 Marvelous Men
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 481 Boys/Men
Crafty Calendar - June Boys will be Boys


14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

A delightful card my friend. Oh and I hope you are ok now after your accident and families.....who needs them at times. Just keep smiling and the zipper on your lips done up... :)
and...I love your profile pic.
[aNNie]

Fikreta said...

gret card!

Sherri said...

Fantastic card! Love the image & the way you did the background. Perfect paper choices as well! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Wendy said...

Fabulous male card...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky :)
Wendy x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Fabulous card for your dad, Lisa Lynn! Great image and I love the way you did the background! Perfect masculine papers, too! At least your air was an easy fix!

Brenda

Chriss America Real said...

What a great idea for a stamp! So many children are growing up these days with a "bonus dad" love it!

http://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

FABulous masculine card Lisa Lynn..keep cool..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dorothy S said...

You have such great papers to go with that nice masculine image - great card. Thanks for joining the QKR Stampede Anything Goes challenge (option, for the guys)this week.
Dorothy S, DT member

Gail said...

Hi Lisa Lynn - this is a beautiful card - love the masculine look and your daddy will surely love receiving it - have a blessed day and keep on crafting!

Josephine said...

What great male card!

Thanks for joining us at International Art and Soul!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Hope to see you again next time.

Lin said...

If only we had aircon in the UK! We would only need it 5 days a year, but hey those 5 days are killers in the heat!

Thanks for sharing your fabulous Father's Day card in our square cards challenge. I am delighted to hear you still love your Dad :-)

Lin
Dream Valley

Kathie said...

Love your card Lisa what a great masculine card for your Dad. Love your colours and design papers. Father's Day in New Zealand is the first Sunday in September and isn't it funny that the US celebrate Mother's Day the same time as us. Great card as usual and thanks so much for joining us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW2-DT

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful masculine card, Lisa! Thanks for joining us this week at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.