Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Birthdays are like boogers

Well when making my cards back some time ago for the 9th Annual Birthday Bash at Catch the Bug I made this one for Day 5 for the Humor Me because it makes me laugh.  Then as it was getting closer, I thought it's not a monster card.  So that's why I made the other one and asked to have this one pulled for a different posting. I guess that didn't happen because when I checked it did get posted so I figured I better just go with it and add it to my site too.  It's just that this one hits too close too home right now since with the packing in my nose...it's harder to breathe unless I sleep sitting up. lol
The image is Frame it - Gertrude - Birthday booger.  I dry embossed the background and then used an olive pearly accents for the "booger" which is included in the corner...I couldn't help it, my sick sense of humor, lol.
Now I put it on my Facebook page and my son commented on it - he has never commented online on one of my cards. He is very critical of my cards in person, but not online.  So I teased him about boogers when he was a kid so this sparked a conversation between my kids and I.  So I had to joke that I would make a disclaimer that NONE of my son's boogers were harmed in the making of his card. haha 




Cardstock:  Stampin' Up; Recollections
Stamp:    Bugaboo - Frame It - Gertrude - Birthday Booger (see above for direct link)
Ribbon:  Offray
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Pearly Accents

Challenges
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 370 - 371 Anything Goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - Ch. 413 Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Ch. 243 Embossing
Crafty Catz - Ch. 444 Anything Goes with optional birthdays
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C466 Humor

11 comments:

Margreet said...

This is too funny, Lisa. Hope you can soon sleep lying down.
I read your son's comments on FB....hilarious!
xxx Margreet

tilly said...

lovely funny card and nice layout, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge and hope to see you again
Tilly

Chris said...

It really is funny! Made me laugh anyway!!! Hope you can soon breathe a bit easier!
Chris
x

crafty-stamper said...

Another fabulous fun card and love the added booger or bogey as we call them lol I thought about your nose trouble when I saw it hope it eases soon for you
Carol x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

This has totally made me laugh out loud. Love it...the image the card, the sentiment...the whole package!!!
Hugs,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

Julie Odil said...

Oh yes. I do believe this is true! Great card, Lisa!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh boy, we talk about boogers and farting in our family as well : ) Your write up is so funny...the family with allergies- and the boogers.... Hope your recovery from surgery is speedy! And, I love your card! Now I need that image : )

KathyA. said...

I love that you added a shiny green booger... and had to add a disclaimer. So funny and creative. Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week. DT Kathy [https://myasperations.blogspot.com]

KathyA. said...

Oops. I'm a DT on a few teams and posted the wrong tag line here. Sorry about that. This is the correct one-Thanks for joining us at Penny's this week. DT Kathy [myasperations.blogspot.com]

Shelly Schmidt said...

Back again- with DT hat on- Thank You for joining in the challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Fikreta said...

super fun card!