Sunday, January 20, 2019

Thanks for coming to my Rescue

When I had my sinus surgery on Monday, my parents got up at 2 am so that they could drive to get me to the hospital for my procedure for 6 am. On the way, my Dad, actually asked me in case I would have to stay in the hospital overnight and they would stay at my house...what would he need to do to take care of my cats...that was enough to put me into shock. However, when I asked him what the surgeon said after I woke up he told me that Dr. Anderson said to get rid of my cats because they were the cause of all my sinus problems. I had a friend tell me that I should have had my Dad clean the kitty litter since I am not suppose to bend or lift for the week, but I didn't think to have him do it. ðŸ¤£I am so thankful to have my parents that were willing to come drive me and stay in case I needed. This is the card I made for them.
The image is from Bugaboo, Mini set flower block silhouettes and the sentiment is from TLC, Create.  I inked all the edges of the papers with Memento ink.  The embossed image I sprayed with Glimmer Mist that was a light pink in color.  I used Distress Oxide Inks and blended them over the stamp. Then I mist water over the image and heat it to set the color.




Patterned Paper:  TLC, Create - Abstract Spring
Cardstock:  Recollection
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Mini set - Flower block silhouette
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Thanks for coming to my rescue
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
        Distress Oxide - Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Fossilized Amber
Glimmer Mist
Ribbon:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix

Challenges
DL Thankful Thursday - Ch. 239 Always Thankful
Cute Card Thursday  - Ch. 565 Banish the Blues
JUGS - Ch. 471 Pastels
Get Creative - Ch. 76 Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar - January Make it flowery 


17 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous card Lisa..fabulous design and I love the background colours. I cannot imagine how hard the decision would be to get rid of my cat..take care.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chris said...

Your card is beautiful Lisa...the image is gorgeous and I love the background colours. It was good of your parents to get you to the hospital at that hour! I am assuming that your Dad is not a cat lover....!
Hope you're feeling a lot better now!
Chris
x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card, the colours are stunning...Hope you are doing ok..

KT Fit Kitty said...

Thank goodness for your parents! I hope your procedure went well, Lisa Lynn, and that you will heal quickly! Glad this surgery is behind you now and I hope things continue to improve!

Hugs,
Kitty

KT Fit Kitty said...

Forgot to say... your card is gorgeous! I especially love your background!

Margreet said...

So great that your parents helped you so well, but that's what good parents do, I think.
So glad you wouldn't have to get rid of your cats. I think your father doesn't like cats?
Love the background of your card. Love the entire card!!!!
xxx Margreet

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful card. You have great Parents, mine were like that too! Heal fast!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card for your parents!! Love the colors and flowers!! I hope you are feeling much better after the surgery and you continue to improve. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Lisa, I hope you are feeling better after your surgery. I miss having my parents close enough for moments like this. I am sure your beautiful card will make them very happy. I am in love with your backgrounds. Thanks for your comment re: the CAS cards, I love white space, because I am generally a slob, so clutter is everywhere in my life LOL. And as for being a packers fan, you had a tough season this year. Cx

Cynthia said...

Lovely Thank You card, Lisa Lynn. Hope you are feeling better after the surgery!

Andrea W said...

Such a pretty card! I love how you used the colors. Your dad sounds funny! Hope you have a quick recovery from surgery.

Macimbalo said...

So beautiful! Hope your recovery is going well and isn't it so nice of your folks to help you out like that - God Bless them. Thanks so much for sharing with us at JUGS this week!!

Sue said...

Beautiful card Lisa and thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x

Fikreta said...

Wonderful card!
hugs

*Vicki* said...

Such a happy and uplifting card design!! The flowers are so pretty and I love how they are framed! Such a nice sentiment for your situation too!! I love it! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aren't parents awesome! I bet you are thankfu!l -- They loved this card too I would think. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

HilaryJane said...

I hope you are recovering well. I love your card, the background is really special xx