Friday, August 27, 2010

"I can't believe it:"

Friday August 27, 2010

I was working on this Gothic Angel from the Kenny K's digital stamp collection called "Miss Fortune", and my 14 year old son almost went into shock that I purchased this item and was working on it.  "What are you going to do with that?"  I now know the card will get the attention of the person I send it to since it definately got my son's attention.  For this card, I made it into an easel card so that the bow would actual look like a garter with lace and velvet.  The brad is a velvet which gives it a soft look. 

Patterned paper:  My Mind's Eye Lush
Card stock: Bazzil including the glitter Core'dinations
Embossing folder:  Quik Kuts
Leather strip with metal brads: Wrights from JoAnn fabrics
Stamp:  Digital Kenny K Miss Fortune & "hi there" Verve Fabulous You
Markers: Copics
Brad: Doodlebug, black velvet
Ribbon: Red Velet and Lace from Hobby Lobby
Border punch: EK Success
Adhesives: Tacky Tape, Mono liquid adhesive, foam pop dot
This is the sketch from the Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge Blog
Here is my card
Here is the easel
and a side view of the easel, the hi there is on by pop-dots

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Oooh la la, this card will definitely get attention alright! A fabby job here Lisa. Lovely colouring skills. Good luck with the challenge and thanks for joining in the fun at Kenny K's this week. ~ Sharon

Agata said...

Fun image! Thanks for playing along with CP this week!

Cheryl Valadez said...

Vavavoom!! This card sizzles ;D You've got to love it when you shock a 14 yr old...usually it's the other way around...lol!! Fab work on this. I'm sure the recipient is going to flip. Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge this week ;D Hugz, Cheryl