Saturday, May 14, 2016

Go Army

My son is in the Army Reserves and is trying his hardest to go ACTIVE duty.  I know we need people to serve, but my heart does go out to all those who do and their families.  And the way that things are these days that includes those who are in public service such as police, fire, coast guard and the such.  This world has gotten crazier.  Even though I worry about safety for all, I do know that it would be best for my son because that is the lifestyle that would make him happy at this point in his life.  As a nurse, I work with a lot of vets so that does concern me too because I know things that he doesn't, but he has to experience it for himself.  As a parent the hardest thing is to let go.  Paulette at TLC has this perfect sentiment and Kris at Imagine That came out with Soldier Sam.  I made this a side step card.  Remember that May 21 is Armed Forces Day.



Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Imagine That (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - My son is a hero
Ribbon:  Offray
Clip:  WalMart
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Embellishments:  My Favorite Things

Challenges
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 425 More than one fold
Crafty Ribbon - Ch. 151 A man's world
Cardz 4 Guyz - Ch. 119 Dig It (paper on steps is dirt)
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 155 Anything Goes

11 comments:

Kathie said...

Hi Lisa I love your card you made for your son. Totally awesome and all those embellishments are just so perfect. I know what you're saying, you give birth to them and bring them up and we just hope that nothing goes wrong and that they are in the right place at the right time. The world is changing I saw it for myself with the refugees in Calais France in January whilst we were there, I've seen poverty before in other countries but the refugee camp was terrible. And of course the US send troops abroad to Afghanistan. I too would worry. Thinking of you always.
Hugs
Kathie xox

~@ngie~ said...

what a fantastic card... am sure your son will love it & treasure it.. I pray your son stays safe during his time of service... my nephew had been in the army... he did Afghanistan etc but he retired after about 10 yrs... he worried me so much :( so my heart goes out to you... as well as all the others who serve & their families xXx
My Blog Angie's Craft Hideaway

thecraftycavalier said...

Fabulous card! Love the camouflage ribbon :-) I wish your son all the best and hope that he stays safe. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ribbons. Jayne x

Jane Willis said...

As the wife of a former soldier, this card really REALLY speaks to me, I think it is wonderful. That camouflage ribbon is amazing and perfect for the card. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Cazro said...

A very clever adventure card, very entertaining. Maybe a little too far a stretch to be a winner of Dig It! Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great card thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

Helen said...

Love this, Lisa - the images work so well on the stepper card.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Unknown said...

What a fun project - great side step card! Thank you for joining in with us on Cute Card thursday this week. Lynn, CCT Design Team x

Unknown said...

Fab card I've been looking for army stuff my self my daughters boy friend is just going through the process of I enrolling in the army,I worry about it my self,gone are the days were you don't go into war zones so scary,I don't know how my daughter will cope either, some lads seem to have that pull though,let's pray for a safe world for all God bless Debbs xx

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fun masculine beauty. Beautiful card the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Aud Sentiment Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs    
Berni,DT
audsentimentschallenge.

Sandy said...

Fabulous side step card. Great image and fab sentiment. I hope that if your son does get active duty that he stays safe.
Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Sandy DT