Monday, February 11, 2019

Hi or Quack to you

This weather we are having is just crazy. We are under another storm warning so can't wait to see what happens....snow, rain, ice.....I am just tired of the extremes. I don't mind snow and winter, but to go from below zero to well above that and then bottom back down is just too crazy.  I haven't hit menopause yet, but feel like it because of these extremes.  So I decided to make a Spring card that cheerful and hopeful of flowers.  This adorable duck image is from Bugaboo called Spring Duck 2 and the sentiment is from Spellbinder.  I dry embossed the background with a floral design.






Cardstock:  Recollections; Paper Studio; Core-dinations
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Spring Duck 2 (see above for direct link)
Spellbinders:  Hi - sentiments; Banners
Flowers:  Prima
Brads:  Paper Studio
Bling:  Mark Richards
Ribbon:  Michael's
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug
Die:  My Favorite Things

Challenges
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 372 - 373 Anything Goes
Color Throwdown - Ch. 529 (see photo above)
Feeling Sketchy - Ch. 210
Crafty Calendar - February Add texture and a ribbon

13 comments:

Margreet said...

Had to laugh about your remark concerning the weather and the menopause. I am suffering for about 15 years, so I know all about it....LOL
But I agree that the weather is very unpredictable. Today the sun is shining (for how long?) and the sky is blue. So I enjoy the moment!!!
Your card is fabulous. Love our littly ducky!
Have a great day.
xxx Margreet

Michelle said...

This is just so precious Lisa Lynn - gorgeous layout and colours - cheers me up! I hope the storm is not too bad and the weather calms down soon. We have unpredictable weather here as well - Michelle x

Pat K said...

Adorable card Lisa Lynn. Love the image and your super design. I'm with you on the weather...
they are calling for snow with ice pellets tomorrow again in my hood. Me no likey! xx

Chrissy said...

This little duck is so adorable Lisa and I love the added flowers..gorgeous card..and our weather is insane too..so many Summer colds and coughs around with clients..hot,cold,hot,cold..just never know where you are..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chris said...

Fabulous card with a lovely spring time feel! It's a great take on the sketch you've chosen, love the colours and the cute duck.
Lucky here today, it's felt almost like spring...probably the temperatures will go back down tomorrow!!
Chris
x

Lisa said...

So absolutely adorable!! The image is so sweet!! I love the embossing and the flowers, too!! We're having the same kind of weather. I'm so over winter. Bring on spring!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Fikreta said...

so cute !

Tina Z. said...

the weather is similar here, one day we have it like spring and another there is storm.
I love your bright colours.
Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

Vickie Z said...

Agree with the weather issue- we don’t have much snow here in the south but, definitely going from warm to cold! Sweet spring card- love that duck! So happy you joined us at CTD!

aussie aNNie said...

a precious quacker lovely image Lisa.

MA-MI said...

The tired duck is so lovely! I love your interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
Regards,
Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Gale said...

This is adorable Lisa! Love it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at the Crafty Calendar Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.com/