Wednesday, July 22, 2020

CIJ Day 5 at CTB Gus Christmas I tried

Today it's Day 5 of the Christmas in July celebration at Catch the Bug and the theme for today is to make us laugh. For my card I used the image, Gus I tried Christmas List.  I feel that is my list too, lol. I added Glossy Accents to his glasses and Sakura Jelly Glitter Pen to the ornaments.  Gus doesn't look too sorry that he downed a few beers, it must be his weekend binge which is like a lot of people who I know around here. Good thing he has those reindeer. I actually did a CAS card even though I just had to put a strip of patterned paper....too much white freaks me out, lol.  Welcome to A. Rose my new follower who I have seen on both my design teams and she has lots of great creations.
I am showing a sample card for Julie's that she has a Santa having a summer drink to relax that she made back in 2014 which is a cutie. And she had a strip of patterned paper on the side.





Patterned Paper:  Basic Grey
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Gus I tried Christmas List (see above for direct link)
Sakura jelly glitter pen
Glossy Accents

Challenges
CHNC - Ch. 499 Anything Christmas with optional die cuts or punches
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 448 - 449 Anything Goes
Christmas Card Throwdown - July theme Santa
CRAFT - Ch. 564 Christmas Humor
Sweet Stampin' - CAS
Krafty Chicks - Ch. 516 CAS

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Fun card and love the ticked box.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with my beloved Gus. Love the strip of DP on the side.
xxx Margreet

A.Rose said...

Lisa...so happy you joined us at Christmas Card Throwdown! Such a great creation!

Pat K said...

Super fun card...love her glasses. xx

Pat K said...

Hi Lisa Lynn...back again with my DT hat on for Sweet Stampin. Thank you for joining us with your fun card.

Chris said...

Brilliant image- Gus has been busy!!!
That strip of design paper looks great and really adds to the design.
xx

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant and love the fact you tried thanks for sharing at craft this week in our christmas challenge

Goga said...

Poor Santa, he's so tired, and we're only in July. I love naughty Bogaboo motifs. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT. Goga

Fabiola said...

Oh mais elle est si drôle cette carte Lisa Lynn, j'aime beaucoup cet humour si sympathique, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Fikreta said...

these cards are so great!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Im on the I tried list too!!! What a great card, Love the way you have coloured it in, Hazelx

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and I love that sentiment lol
Carol x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun and festive card- hey, we cannot all be perfect all of the time, right??? Love all of your great touches, a great card!