Monday, August 12, 2019

Sloffee Break

My daughter and I talk to each other almost daily. On Thursday, she told me she had to stop to pick up some BBQ chicken wings because her boyfriend needed a "pick me up" because he was having a rough day at work. I thought to myself and even said to her, "Really? He doesn't want ice cream?"  As a woman, I don't understand. I guess that's why they write such books like Men are from Mars. lol. So I was going to try to support him and laugh about it that a "pick me up" would be something like coffee and send him a gift card to Starbucks. We all have those days though.





Patterned Paper:  Core-dinations
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations
Stamp:  Art Impressions - Sloth some Set
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Die:  My Favorite Things
Spellbinders:  Pennant
Bling:  Recollections
Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug

Challenges
Mojo Monday - Ch. 520
Art Impressions - Ch. 262 Coffee Cards
Creative Knockouts - Ch. 310 Furry Friends
Aud Sentiments - Ch. 233 Animals & Sentiment
Crafty Animals - Ch. 29
Double D - Critters in the Jungle

16 comments:

Nancy Soetaert said...

Great card!
Nancy

Margreet said...

Great card for your SIL and so kind to give hem a giftcard this way.
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

We certainly do have 'those' days sometimes! This should cheer up your SIL and make him smile. That coffee lovin' sloth is such fun!
xx

Barbara said...

We all have those days, for me, it would have been a glass of wine. It still is! Love your card and the thought behind it to make someone's day brighter. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D "It's a Jungle Out There" Challenge.
Barbara Dt

Vicki said...

Such a fun card and thoughtful thing to do! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Jungle" Challenge!

creationsnz said...

What a great image, I won't be able to look at a coffee again without seeing a sloth in it! Hope it did the trick. Thanks for joining us at 2CraftyCritterCrazies, come again soon. CarolG

Crystal Schneider said...

Your card is adorable. That sloth is my favorite stamp from Art Impressions. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions.

Andrea W said...

It is interesting the differences between men and women. My idea of a pick me up is a sugar cookie or definitely coffee! Your card is darling and I'm sure he will love the support behind it.

Darlene said...

I must admit, this is one critter I do NOT have in my collection! Great card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘It’s A Jungle Out There!’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

crafty-stamper said...

My pick me up is chocolate and wine needed in large ammounts this week!!!Great card and hope it did the trick
Carol x

Fikreta said...

this is so cute!

Lola said...

He is so cute!! And how nice of you! I don't know if I'll ever be that accepting of some "boyfriend". I'm sure they will both appreciate your kindness. And I too would have wanted ice cream.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So cute, he just makes me grin. Such a fun card, Lisa. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

Lisa J said...

Aaah cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts said...

Gorgeous card! I love your slothee cup, so adorable. I'm sure it cheered him up, although I'm with you ice cream would be my preferred comfort food too! Thanks so much for joining us for the Aud Sentiment challenge. Jenny (DT)

aussie aNNie said...

Hey Lisa, congrats on your win at our Double D challenge...awesome and you also got our top card too...see you this challenge coming I hope.xxx