Saturday, October 3, 2015

6 years

My Mom was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer 6 years ago and is still going strong. She had a lumpectomy, chemotherapy and radiation and is such a trooper.  Let me say she had a rough time and was hospitalized several times.  At the time, I was an Oncology Research Nurse and she actually agreed to do a research study which I did not push and I think it was the best think for her treatment.  I know it was so difficult for her to lose her hair and have a change in her appearance.  She was worried that she might have a recurrence she knew her risk was high so she left her port in for a year.  Now she is active and doing well.  I am so proud of her and all that she went through.  Kris at Imagine That has a wonderful set Angel Bear with Ribbon and I used the water globe from that as well as the paper. I added some stickers to say 6 years so I can give this to my Mom.  I had some Breast Cancer ribbon that I used and then added a heart doily and some flowers and buttons.



Patterned Paper:  Imagine That (see above for direct link)
Cardstock:  Bazzil & Recollections
Stamp:  Imagine That (see above for direct link)
Stickers:  SEI
Ribbon:  Simplicity
Buttons:  stash
Twine:  Natural Fibers
Flowers:  Recollectioins
Doily:  Recollections

Challenges
Crafter's Cafe - Ch. 134 Breast CA Awareness
Craft your Passion - Ch. 281 Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Ch. 79 Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Galz - Ch. 1 Favorite Color (Pink & Blue)

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Oh Lisa, what a beautiful card for your Mum, I know that she'll love it, like I do. She's been through a lot in the last six years so there was a light at the end of the tunnel for her. Such pretty design paper as well. I so wish I could say the same about my sister, her lung cancer has got worse and is now through her liver as well. You would know more about Cancer than I do, but she can't have any more Chemotherapy so it's only time now. I feel so far away from her as she lives in Johnsonville which is about 4 hours out of Melbourne Australia. I'm going to Australia on 13th October for a week but we're off to Cairns for a week and England in December. Hopefully I hope to see her in February next year, I just hope it's not too late. Take care and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Patricia Alvarez said...

very beautiful card. I am sure she will love it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!!

Penny said...

Ah, how fabulous that your mom is a 6-year survivor! I am sure you are very thankful for that! And this card is just too cute! Love your image and paper! :^)
Hugs, Penny

cass said...

So happy to read your post about your Mum, actually thought I could have been reading something my daughter may have written. The journey is long, the journey is hard at times. But thankfully your Mum and I are here to say you can survive. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" challenge.

Sharon said...

Really love this, brilliant.
Thanks for joining our first challenge at Cardz For Galz, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sharon DT

Cazro said...

A beautiful card for a brave beautiful lady. Your Mum is a survivor. Thanks for sharing with us for our FIRST challenge, hope to see you playing along with us again at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT.