Wednesday, October 14, 2015

I am thankful for Amanda

Paulette at TLC has her monthly club going and she did a personal sentiment for everyone and this is what I got.  It is for my daughter who I am extremely thankful for in my life.  She is now 23 years old and is grown into a young lady.  We have been through so much together, especially with my husband passing away and she is very supportive.  I have spent most of my 25 years as an Oncology Nurse and working in hospice as well; however, when I faced with dealing with the death of my own husband it was harder than I ever imaged and my family and friends were wonderful.  Since Amanda lived it too, she has been the most understanding of all especially now when I am trying to clean the house and and move on.  She likes things neat and orderly yet she knows what the emotional ties are so she has been in the middle between my Mom and Dad who want me throw everything out of my house and start over.  Last week, I did have a dumpster removed that was full so I did get rid of a lot of stuff besides I have been going to Goodwill frequently.
For this card, I used the sentiment and vintage image from TLC.  I distressed the sentiment with distress inks, crumbled the paper and spritzed it with water.  I also distressed the edges of the paper.


Patterned Paper:  Sweet Shoppe - A mother's love for her daughter
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  TLC, Create - Lily of the Valley Sketch Vintage
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - I am thankful for Amanda
Circle Punches:  EK Success
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts
Bling:  Recollection
Die-Namics
Twine: Hobby Lobby
Ink:  Distress - Antique Photo, scattered straw
Tim Holtz distress tool

Challenges
Incy Wincy - Personalize your project
Glitter 'n Sparkle - Ch. 158 Use some pink
Creative Knockouts - Ch. 110 Thankful thoughts
Little Miss Muffet - Ch. 122 Anything Goes

5 comments:

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card made extra special by the personalized sentiment..love it all. hugs, Pat K x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for entering the Glitter N Sparkle Blog challenge x DT Lisa x

Unknown said...

Beautiful love the contrast between black/white and colours
thanks for joining incy wincy
Lynne DT

Penny said...

This is a precious card for your daughter! I am so glad that she has been there to support you through this...
Hugs, Penny

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week Judith DT x