Thursday, October 1, 2015

Musical tag with sympathy

One of my husband's friends and band members passed away on Monday after an eight month struggle with lung cancer.  He was a big guy with an even bigger heart.  Luckily I saw a post on facebook to realize that there was the visitation so that I was able to attend.  I had some sympathy cards in my stash; however, I thought they were rather feminine.  It's hard to know since the person who died is a man, but you are giving the card to the wife who is a female.  I decided I wanted to make something with music on it since our husbands spent a lot of time together in the bands and performing musicals.  I found that I had an already made tag in musical paper that was perfect and just stamped the sentiment from a Verve stamp. This is what I came up with.

Patterned Paper:  K & Company
Cardstock:  Recollections
Tag:  Michael's
Stamp:  Verve - Treasured Words
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinder:  Lotus
Flowers:  Prima
Pearls:  Michael's
Ribbon:  Michael's

Challenges
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Ch. 165 Use a doily

6 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful sympathy card Lisa. Love the die in the background.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

crafty-stamper said...

A beautiful sympathy card and perfect with the music paper----Thank you for joining us at Crafting From The Heart
Carol DT x

Patricia Alvarez said...

Your card is very beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week. Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Lisa. This is a beautiful sympathy card that I'm sure was much appreciated.

Michelle said...

I think this card is very precious.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Good luck, xxx Michelle (DT)

Penny said...

Absolutely perfect touch with this, Lisa! I am sure she will appreciate it...
I am also very sorry to hear this news.
Hugs, Penny