Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thinking of you & Kimmie Funky Fibers

The Stamping Baazar has another sketch challenge this week.  So this is the card that I came up with using the Josie in the hat digital image.



Patterned Paper: Basic Grey
Cardstock: Bazzil
Flowers: Prima
Buttons & twine
Stamp: "Thinking of You" Close To My Heart
Ink: Memento, Dark Cocoa
Markers: Copic
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Nestabilities: Small & Large Circles
Pearls: Recollections

Kraftin' Kimmie has a challenge for funky fibers.  I used the new Claire image with the Nutcracker.  My daughter has done the ballet for quite a few years, and I hate to say that I miss being involved in the production.  I do not miss getting her hair in those ringlets!  When you watch the performance I enjoy the rich velvet colors which is what I tried to portray in my card.  I used several different stitches on my sewing machine.  I left a white border around the image for a contrast since the card is so dark. For the layout I used Mercy's sketch which is her 100th one!




Patterned Paper: Little Yellow Bicycle
Embossing Folder: Sizzix
Cardstock: Bazzil & core-dinations
Markers: Copic
Ink: Memento, Black tuxedo
Ribbon: Wrights & Michaels
Black thread
Nestabilities: Large Oval

I found a picture of the kids from December 2005 when they were both in the production- now it seems so long ago.

2 comments:

Emma and Susan said...

Thank you for joining us this time at The Stamping Bazaar. Your card is fabulous, beautiful colours.
Love and hugs
Susan and Emma
DT Co-ordinators
xxx

Tina said...

Love the coloring and the colors! Thank you for participating in this week's challenge at The Stamping Bazaar! :D