Thursday, January 12, 2017

Wishing you a tub full of fun!

We have had such variations in weather the past few days.  It was warm Tuesday and 43 so we had rain which was bad since the ground was frozen so I had water leak into my basement and not to the area where I have a water pump, but where I had new flooring placed.  So we were shop vacuuming it up and now I have fans trying to dry out the flooring and where it got onto some carpet.  Then it cooled off so it was freezing so we had slippery roads and slick travel.  Even on Wednesday afternoon the temp fell quickly and it was 22 and their was some freezing rain and then a dusting of snow so the roads were so slippery.  I went just a few miles for an appointment and I can't tell you how many accidents that I saw and car pile ups.  I luckily made it home and stayed here the rest of the night.  I don't mind snow just not this freezing rain and slippery roads and the salt trucks are out and it's just a mess.
For my card, I used an image that Paulette posted on Saturday at TLC as a freebie and a sentiment from TLC.  I distressed my papers.  I tried to use bright yellows, reds and teal to be cheery to take away from the drab day.  I also distressed some ink on the sentiment.  This image just reminds me of my three naughty kittens which now are sleeping, but I found that Jazzy stole a pair of my socks earlier today and was playing with them.



Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  TLC, Create - Cats Vintage Bath Sketch
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Wishing you a tub full of fun
Ink:  Memento - London Fog
Tim Holtz distress tool
Bling:  Michael's
Flowers:  Recollection
Spellbinder:  Floral Blooms
Punch:  EK Success
Divine  Twine

Challenges
CHNC Patterned - January
Crafting from the Heart - Ch. 142 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 264-265 Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Ch. 232 Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Ch. 105 Use patterned paper
Allsorts - Wk 397 Cats or dogs


8 comments:

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Love your card Lisa! The image is perfect for you with all your cats:) Love the bright colored papers too! Sorry to hear about your flooded basement...hope your flooring dries out and is ok! Our temps have been up and down too, Mother Nature just can't make her mind up!

Brenda

Kathleen said...

Quite a trio of mischief by the looks of it in this great image and a lovely design.
Thank you for joining our 'Cats and Dogs' theme this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Lisa Lynn.

Mervi said...

Lovely and funny card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

Chrissy said...

Love your card design and detalis and that image is so cute..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cass said...

Great papers and design. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

Isobel said...

Great project thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart good luck x

Lena said...

Lovely card with a fun sentiment :-)
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
♥ Lena, DT
Lena’s Creations