Friday, December 29, 2017

Merry Christmas Gus, Gus

I made this Christmas card for my daughter's pup, so I couldn't post it in case she saw it. Gus was named after the mouse in Cinderella so I thought that I actually have a die with that mouse is perfect for a card for him.
So sorry that I have been around to make comments on everyone's sites...I haven't been home or around much.  Besides all the family holiday gatherings...my best friend's Mother has been quite ill and I have been helping to take care of her.  It has been rather difficult because she has not been cooperative and the rest of her family is in denial and has not been supportive.  We are both nurses, but we are getting burned out.  Her Mother is becoming confused and scared because she knows she forgets things then she lashes out at my friend and is verbally abusive.  So last night, I had to put her to bed since my friend was hysterical and she was more cooperative for me.  So hopefully we will get some support soon, and I can get around to see everyone's cards and make some too.






Patterned Paper:  Pebbles
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollections
Die:  Disney
Markers:  Zig
Ribbon:  Michael's
Border Punch:  Martha Stewart

Challenges
CHNC - Ch. 365 Anything Christmas optional the word Christmas
CHNC Extra - December
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Ch. 9 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 314 - 315 Anything Goes
Cardz 4 Guyz - Ch. 185 Last minute Christmas
Tuesday Morning Sketches - Ch. 424 Anything Goes

13 comments:

Margreet said...

Lovely 'personal' card for your daughter's pup, Lisa Lynn.
Take care of yourself with all that nursery!
xxx Margreet

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Lisa Lynn! I imagine your daughter loved the card AND the thoughtfulness that you would include her fur baby in your greetings. Both the card and puppy are darling! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or our next guest designer. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Lisa Lynn, eine wunderschöne Karte hast du für deine Tochter gebastelt. Sie hat sich ganz sicher sehr gefreut.
Ich wünsche dir einen guten Start ins neue Jahr und hoffe, es wird bald wieder ruhiger bei dir. Fühl dich ganz lieb gedrückt. Herzliche Grüße Silvi

bymissrach said...

I am just loving your Disney cards, Lisa! So cute. :)

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Your card is adorable and perfect for Gus! Love the sentiment, too! I'm sure your daughter loved it, to! So sorry for your friend...she's fortunate to have YOU! My in-laws were here for Christmas and flew out yesterday to 5'+ of snow in Erie, PA. Fortunately they didn't have any issues going home and not THAT much snow!

Hugs to you my friend!
Brenda

Fikreta said...

so cute card!
and so adorable puppy!
Im sorry about your friend.

Chrissy said...

Little Gus is so cute Lisa and so clever of you to use this little mouse, his name sake..it is very hard when you have a person who needs the help but they have an aggressive side through the fear of not really understanding what is happening..poor lady and you two girls will be doing a wonderful job with her..take care.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is so adorable and so cute, Love it, the little pooch is adorable too :)
How sad for your friend and how fortunate she is to have someone like you to help her, such an awful time she must be having. God Bless you both.
Hugs
Faith
x

Debbie said...

Such a cute card, and that's such a cute pup!
You're wonderful to be helping your friend! That's such a rough situation. :(
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Edwina said...

So cute! both your card and the puppy. Edwina Brown

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I love Gus! (And the pup! ). Cute card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous card Lisa, love the image and design! What an adorable puppy! I am so sorry to hear about your friend and her mother. Hope things settle soon.
Big Hugs, Sherry xx
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Kim S said...

Isn't this why we all love making cards - you are able to match the perfect die cut to the pup!! I love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!