Thursday, January 17, 2019

Birthday candles

Today is day 6 of the 9th Annual Birthday Bash at Catch the Bug and today is an Oldie but Goodie as well as a Color Challenge.  For my image, I used Monster Birthday Snapshot and a sentiment from TLC, Create.  I remember when my children were young picking the theme of the party, the cake design and the candles too.  Many times I even made their cakes, and it would take me hours to pipe out that buttercream frosting in all those colors! Wow it seems so long ago since my kids are in their 20s.




Patterned Paper:  My Mind's Eye
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Recollection
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Monster Birthday Snapshot (see above for direct link)
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Birthday Candles
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Favors:  Dress it Up

Challenges
Fab 'n Funky - Ch. 423 For a Child
The Corrosive Challenge - Ch. 1 Anything Goes
Love to Scrap - Ch. 117 Anything Goes
CHNC Patterned - January
TTCRD - Anything Goes

12 comments:

Margreet said...

Great card in the bright colors! Another lovely sentiment.
xxx Margreet

Rachel Webber said...

I really love this bright and colourful card - the image is so cheerful, will make any child's day! Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky, Rachel (DT)

Chris said...

Brilliant card Lisa, love the bright colours and the fun sentiment!
x

Lisa said...

So absolutely adorable!! I love those monsters!! The sentiment is fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chrissy said...

This is a fun image and I love your bright vibrant colouring Lisa..fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun image and bright colours great sentiment too-I used to make birthday cakes and wedding cakes to order made my daughters and eldest sons too-that's when we used to use royal icing.
Carol x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

A lovely card indeed. Love the rich/bright colours and the amazing sentiment too.
Hugs,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Bugaboo DT Teamie

Julie Odil said...

Such great, bold colors on those monsters, and I love the sentiment!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Hahaha, funny sentiment : ) My cakes are making it lighter and lighter each year! I love the coloring- wonderful! Great card!

Catie Cuddles said...

Fab card and love the sentiment!
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Angela B. said...

So fun! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
Hugs & Craftiness,
AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

Fikreta said...

adorable card!
hugs