Sunday, January 6, 2019

Raising Teenagers

Today starts a new Stella Says Sketch challenge and I couldn't resist using a Stella image for a friend who is having some difficulties with her teenage son.  The image is Stella Summer Block - Teenagers and Flowers.  I don't have the secret answer on how to make it work since I had definite challenges with my son; however, we have a great relationship now and I am thankful for that.




Recent picture of Trevor with me

Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye; Recollections
Cardstock:  Bazzil
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Stella Summer Block - Teenagers and Flowers (see above for direct link)
Distress Ink:  Broken China
Stencil:  My Favorite Things
Flower:  Paper Studio
Washi Tape:  Stash

Challenges
CHNC Patterned - January
Sweet Stampin' - Spots and Dots
Word Art Wednesday - Ch. 368 - 369 Anything Goes
Polkadoodles - Wk 1 Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Ch. 381 Anything Goes

12 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous card Lisa, lovely design and colours and I do love Stella. There's a lot of truth in that sentiment...I too, remember those difficult teenage years!
such a lovely photo of you and your son...it's all worth it in the end! :))
Chris
x

Chris said...

Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin' this week...great to have you join us!
x

Michelle said...

I can completely relate with this and your friend is going to love this gorgeous card! Michelle x

Margreet said...

Love your Stella card and that sentiment is a true one for many parents. Happily, our daughter has never caused big troubles/problems and we still have a great relationship with her. Love your photo with Trevor. He resembles you!!
xxx Margreet

Lisa said...

This is too cute!! She's adorable!! And what a beautiful picture of you and your son!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fun card and never a true word spoken-think we can all relate lol love the photo of you and your son
Carol x

Joy Wilson said...

The sentiment says it all.. I can't agree more!! I love your coloring and layout. Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

aussie aNNie said...

Love that sentiment and your photo is lovely...so nice in fact. hugs.x

Lola said...

LOL, I don't think I've seen that Stella one before. Such a perfect sentiment - for the little ones as well as teenagers.

MiamiKel said...

Your card is a hoot! Nothing like the funny Bugaboo ladies to make you smile!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Stella is such a hoot! I love this image and sentiment as well. Glad I am done with teenagers and next time any are around, they will be Grandkids : ) I am going to be a grandma in May!

Fikreta said...

we also have teeneger.
your card is awesome!