Friday, March 13, 2020

Swing on over sometime

Today at Catch the Bug it's Friday Freebie and we have this Swinging Monkey.  For my card I made a gate fold card and have a sentiment from TLC,Create.  I added lots of die cuts and flowers too.  This kept it green except for my monkey.  I feel that this has been such a crazy week that the world has become such a juggle out there. I have been a nurse for 30 years when there was the scare of HIV/AIDS. And now people are so afraid of the Coronovirus that stores are out of toilet paper and tylenol/ibuprofen. REALLY? I don't know that some people ever cared that much about having a "clean crack" before and now they have a butt load of paper.  So they are going to be admitted to the hospital for bleeding hemorrhoids instead, lol. And are they thinking that they bought enough beer and wine to be home for two weeks? And the <other> medically necessary items that they need, sure, I don't think that weed/pot dealers make home deliveries. I know that I am joking about this but my job involves doing inpatient authorization for hospital stays and I see too many people being admitted for alcohol withdrawl and drug overdoses, which is no laughing matter!!! I just don't want us to have riots over stupid things such as Lysol wipes and hand sanitizer.
Stay safe everyone!





  
 Left Inside                                               Right Inside
  
Left Outside                                             Right Outside

Patterned Paper:  Core-dination; Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil; Core-dinations; Recollections
Stamp:  Bugaboo - Swinging Monkey
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Swing on over sometime
Punches:  EK Success
Dies:  Amy Designs; Scrapman
Flowers:  Prima; Recollections
Enamel Dots:  Paper Studio

Challenges
Crafty Animals - Ch. 36
DL Art Thankful Thursday - Ch. 255 Anything Green
Scrapping 4 Fun - Ch. 162 Anything Goes with flowers
Crafty Sentiments - Add Flowers
Crafty Calendar - March more than one fold
Double D - Green or St. Patrick's

20 comments:

Margreet said...

You made a lovely card with the swinging monkey.
I love and agree what you write about all the 'crazy' people at the moment. The world is getting insane.
Stay safe my friend!!
xxx Margreet

aussie aNNie said...

Green, fabulous and fresh and also adorable card.. Thanks for entering into our GREEN and/or St. Patrick's Day challenge, and good luck in the draw and hope you join us again.
{aNNie Designer for Double D challenges


Chrissy said...

I just love this fun card Lisa..the little monkey is so cute and I love the gate fold and leaves..awesome..as to my baby projects..all orders,babies are all Winter babies, some in 2 weeks, some have come, and I have more to make yet..we are going into Autumn now..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chris said...

Oh Lisa, you really say it like it is! The world has gone crazy over this virus, and like you I'm amazed at what people's priorities seem to be!!! I know we need to take it seriously and be careful but really? panic buying loo rolls???? It's exactly the same here!
your card today is a real stunner, love the little jungle you've created for that cute monkey, the gatefold design is gorgeous and of course you have the perfect sentiment to go with it!
xx

Darlene said...

OMG!!! This is AWESOME! Brought a big smile ... thanks for fun inspiration! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Green’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous monochrome gatefold card loving all your foliage and flower dies-and great cute monkey-I quite agree the world has gone crazy
Carol x

Gina said...

Super your green card and funny text going with the little monkey! Gina

Joy Wilson said...

Holy cow! This is amazing! I love the fold and the fun foliage! Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Joy

Hazel (Didos) said...

OMG I just about choked as I was having a wee drink (of water!!) when I started reading this!! Brilliant!! The world has gone mental!!!! Why do folks need so many loo rolls anyway. Its a cough and not d and v!! Love your card, I have this image and its a joy to colour, Enjoy the weekend, Love Hazelxx

Fikreta said...

So very beautiful!

Becca Sadler said...

What a charming card! Thanks for linking to the new challenge at S4fC blog! Becca/DT

meg said...

Fabulous fun Bugaboo image made me smile this morning,great papers and die cuts on your gatefold card thank you for joining in at the Crafty Calendar Challenge

Diane said...

OMGoodness what a CUTE~FUN and creative card!! Love it! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Pat K said...

Wow..this is such a great card Lisa Lynn. Love the pop of shocking green and awesome design for this fun image. I enjoyed your post...crazy stuff going on out there! xx

Cynthia said...

Wowsers! This is really fun, Lisa Lynn! Perfect die cut and sentiment.

Kathy Krug said...

Great design. Cute little monkey stamp. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you join us for future challenges.

Kathy
DD DT

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats Lisa on winning our top prize at Double D....happy for you.xx

creationsnz said...

Great jungle-y home for mister monkey. So glad you joined us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

Dawn Frost said...

Love the gate fold and the gorgeous greens, sweet!