Saturday, November 14, 2015

Have a moo-velous birthday

If you are looking for the Miss Rach Autumn Orange sample card see the post below.  This is the other card that I made today well I was commissioned to make of sorts.  I was asked by my son to make this for his girlfriend, and then he stopped by to pick it up today on his way to go visit it.  It isn't as though I got paid with $$$.  He did spend 15 minutes with me to help trim my long-hair Siamese cat.  I usually take her in to get her groomed since my husband passed she will get mats in her fur, but she gets so worked up and she sweats so badly through her paws and cries so I thought I would try to do it myself so she wouldn't have to travel.  We actually did an OK job.  My son would like to make cards with me when he was younger which is not something I'm sure he would tell his Army buddies, and he is great blender with Copics.  I don't mind making cards for people, except him since he is sooooo picky and fussy.  He once made me a layout sketch which I thought was near impossible to follow and that's how I made my first pop-up card.  He liked this card, except for that it was a pre-colored image since he expected me to hand colored it - though he thought it was cute.  His girlfriend worked on a dairy farm so we both thought it was appropriate.  I have a container of colored straws since I find them appealing and never know what to do what to do with them, but I made candles out of them.



front of card

Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil, Recollection
Stamp:  Dee Dee's - Party Animals
Sentiment:  TLC, Create - Have a moo-velous birthday
Ribbon:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Stickers:  Recollection
Straws:  Target
Die:  Quic Kutz
Punch:  EK Success

Challenges
In the Pink - Fancy Folds or Shaped Cards
Cute Card Thursday - Ch. 399 Birds/Animals
Inky Impressions - Ch. 277 Our Furry Friends
Melonheadz - Tic Tac Toe (Digi, die cuts, fancy fold)

Dream Valley - Ch. 119 Shaped Cards

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

This is adorable. I love it.
Thanks for your sweet comment on my win at JUGS.

Brenda's Card Corner said...

It's "MOO-velous"!! I think pop up cards are so fun, but I've never made one...they look complicated!

Brenda

Penny said...

Absolutely darling! Love the entire design, and it is so perfect for his girlfriend! :^)
Hugs, Penny

M DelValle said...

Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions! -Maria

Lin said...

Lovely pop up box design. Cute image and an amusing sentiment too

Thank you for sharing with us

Lin
Dream Valley

Debs said...

Fabulous card - great shape.
Thanks for playing along at In the Pink this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx